2010-OMG New Paper Mario for 3DS, system seller for me! 2012-....Stickers?

#11Wesfanboynever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:10:12 PM
I brought it up cause the initial reaction to this was so different then what it is right now...
---
What's to say really?
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 12/3/2012 8:37:47 PM
The reaction is different because it isn't what people wanted. Apparently if it isn't exactly what you wanted its a terrible game, regardless of how good it is.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#13BrianCraigSmithPosted 12/3/2012 9:33:02 PM
So far (1-3) I'm liking the game. Takes some getting used to, but it's not that bad IMO.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#14FAT____MANPosted 12/4/2012 3:14:00 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The reaction is different because it isn't what people wanted. Apparently if it isn't exactly what you wanted its a terrible game, regardless of how good it is.

Except it's not THAT good. But it's not that bad either, it's a pretty mediocre game.
#15uwnimPosted 12/4/2012 3:17:41 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

It is a decent game, but a terrible Paper Mario.
---
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
#16VyersPosted 12/4/2012 3:25:14 AM
Boomerang78 posted...
It's pretty good! But the purists will say it sucks, however.

I am far from a purist of the franchise and will say that it was pretty disappointing.

Not because stickers were a bad idea, or that the lack of badges was a bad idea, or that a lack of partners was a bad idea, or that the lack of leveling up was a bad idea

But because those four elements of the game were poorly done. The stickers didn't feel like they had any weight to them since the battles rarely required the most basic of stickers; badges weren't adequately replaced with some other form of permanent modification; the lack of partners did not result in compensation by the writers to make up for the gaps in dialogue; and the lack of leveling up was not replaced by another compelling way to grow in the game.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#17OmegaBladesPosted 12/4/2012 5:11:18 AM
Is it better that SPM at least? I felt robbed of a paper Mario game when I played that one.
---
PSN & XBL Tag: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#18StephenYap3Posted 12/4/2012 10:38:48 AM
Geno posted...
Would've been better with RPG-like progression like its predecessors, but even I'm enjoying it. :3

This.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 12/4/2012 10:48:31 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

It is a decent game, but a terrible Paper Mario.

You just said kinder things about it than people were saying the day before it launched, I can tell you that. All you could find here the day before and day of launch were threads saying how horrible the game was simply for the fact that it isn't a port of TTYD.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile