Japanese 3DS LL w/pre-installed 3DS game bundle owners i have a question!.

#190sRetroGamingPosted 11/27/2012 10:07:20 PM
Can you 100% confirm that performing a full system transfer of your old original 3DS to your new 3DS LL w/pre-installed digital retail 3DS game will NOT overwrite/delete the actual pre-installed digital game that came with the bundle?.

It looks like it may be about that time for me to finally upgrade to the 3DS XL, which also includes a pre-installed full retail game!:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333162

This is pretty much the price/deal i was looking for, for months now. if i can fully transfer my Ambassador 3DS to the new 3DS XL without actually losing my pre-installed game i'm there! :). thanks for any and all help in advance! :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#290sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:40:19 AM
Bumpz.
---
#3elihuaranPosted 11/28/2012 1:20:01 AM
If the transfer with the pre-installed stuff is like the transfer with the normal systems, then I can confirm that the receiving 3DS gets wiped clean before accepting the data from the 3DS sending the data.

I'm not sure on if it's that way with the pre-installed stuff, though. I'd imagine it is.
---
TheMoreYouKnow.jpg
#490sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 1:34:59 AM
I just found this!:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/guide_3ds_xl_system_transfer

Note: Nintendo 3DS download software purchased on or downloaded to the target system before performing the transfer can be redownloaded to that system from the Nintendo eShop after the transfer.

^ Can someone confirm if this is true??? ^

If so it's a wrap!. 3DS XL next week! lol.
---
#590sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 1:44:48 AM(edited)
elihuaran posted...
If the transfer with the pre-installed stuff is like the transfer with the normal systems, then I can confirm that the receiving 3DS gets wiped clean before accepting the data from the 3DS sending the data.

I'm not sure on if it's that way with the pre-installed stuff, though. I'd imagine it is.

That would be pretty damn stupid on Nintendo's part. they know there's ALOT of 3DS Ambassadors and people who bought plenty of eShop games and apps (even both) that are ready to upgrade to the XL version, and a nice bundle like this to boot.

Why even put together a pre-installed digital game bundle only to have it be completely lost during a system transfer?. talk about a complete waste and throwing money down the drain :/.
---
#6icemagicianPosted 11/28/2012 5:22:26 AM(edited)
90sRetroGaming posted...
I just found this!:

Note: Nintendo 3DS download software purchased on or downloaded to the target system before performing the transfer can be redownloaded to that system from the Nintendo eShop after the transfer.

I's true. I bought the 3DS XL with MK7 pre-installed a few days ago, transferred my launch 3DS's consciousness into it, and was able to redownload MK7 from the eShop thereafter.

This is so because the eShop data of the two gets merged, so MK7 was in the download history.
#790sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 6:40:56 AM
icemagician posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
I just found this!:

I's true. I bought the 3DS XL with MK7 pre-installed a few days ago, transferred my launch 3DS's consciousness into it, and was able to redownload MK7 from the eShop thereafter.

This is so because the eShop data of the two gets merged, so MK7 was in the download history.

AMAZING NEWS!. 3DS XL here i come! XD.

Thanks man! :).
---