Nintendo officialyannounces blue xl/mario kart (pre-installed) bundle for $200

#21PalomBMPosted 11/28/2012 12:25:05 PM
Is that so? Awesome.
---
Stay alert! The guards spotted secret agent Metal Gear!
Snake: Come on, really? - Dorkly
#22MrKennedy320Posted 11/28/2012 1:08:42 PM
Perfect! Was planning on scooping up the Red 3DS+Mario bundle, but I'd rather have an XL. Mario Kart sealed the deal, for me.
---
GT: MrKennedy320
PSN: MrKennedy320
#23BeccaPosted 11/28/2012 5:06:14 PM
I wasctually going to get this but then I read "pre-installed". Oh well. I'll wait a little longer for maybe another color and just spend the extra money for the game itself. Sigh.
---
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
#24Rurouni720Posted 11/28/2012 5:47:00 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Makeveli_lives posted...
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/315704_383588311725628_1918839002_n.jpg

That boxart looks AMAZING!. looks like i'm doing this since:

1. I recently this morning found out (on here and on the official Nintendo Tech Forums) that when if performing a system transfer to a target 3DS that has previously downloaded/installed purchases and software (in this case the digital version of MK7) both eShop accounts are "Unified" together into one!.

And

2. Best Buy is offering a free $20 GC with purchase!.

Aside from the free $20 GC i personally value the digital version of MK7 at $30, so to me i look at this deal like buying the 3DS XL on it's own, getting a free $50 GC, "re-buying" MK7 for the second time (this time digitally) and having $20 left over to use on something else there later on.

This isn't reality but at least it makes me feel better! haha. either way this is still a really good deal. and eventhough i'd prefer all black, all white or green/black i'm fine with blue/black :). i have to say that the shade of blue used for the 3DS XL is VERY nice!. i love that deep dark blue shade! WAY better than the Aqua Blue that the original had that's for sure.

Wait, but i thought E-Shop downloads were only tied to one hardware and not the account?
#25Gamemaster64Posted 11/28/2012 5:51:03 PM
Becca posted...
I wasctually going to get this but then I read "pre-installed". Oh well. I'll wait a little longer for maybe another color and just spend the extra money for the game itself. Sigh.

This sort of, Thinking of getting maybe but then saw that and **** NO!.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#26SMASHKING84Posted 11/28/2012 6:04:15 PM
i'm hoping they do a bundle of lm2 and 3ds xl i been wanting to upgrade my 3ds.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#2790sRetroGamingPosted 11/28/2012 6:27:57 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Makeveli_lives posted...
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/315704_383588311725628_1918839002_n.jpg

That boxart looks AMAZING!. looks like i'm doing this since:

1. I recently this morning found out (on here and on the official Nintendo Tech Forums) that when if performing a system transfer to a target 3DS that has previously downloaded/installed purchases and software (in this case the digital version of MK7) both eShop accounts are "Unified" together into one!.

And

2. Best Buy is offering a free $20 GC with purchase!.

Aside from the free $20 GC i personally value the digital version of MK7 at $30, so to me i look at this deal like buying the 3DS XL on it's own, getting a free $50 GC, "re-buying" MK7 for the second time (this time digitally) and having $20 left over to use on something else there later on.

This isn't reality but at least it makes me feel better! haha. either way this is still a really good deal. and eventhough i'd prefer all black, all white or green/black i'm fine with blue/black :). i have to say that the shade of blue used for the 3DS XL is VERY nice!. i love that deep dark blue shade! WAY better than the Aqua Blue that the original had that's for sure.

Wait, but i thought E-Shop downloads were only tied to one hardware and not the account?

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/53508#53508

According to this both eShop accounts are unified and combined into one on the target system, which does make sense seeing as both eShop account balances do combine into one as well.

Now say you have duplicate items, for instance your friend sold you his 3DS XL and he previously downloaded NSMB2 off the eShop and you did as well on your system.. NSMB2 on his system will be overwritten, essentially in reality throwing that copy down the drain and losing $39.99 + tax along the way.

Since i'd be buying this XL/MK7 bundle once the transfer is complete my new XL would completely mirror my old 3DS plus MK7 and the Dinosaur Office 3D video, both of which from what i understand just simply need to be re-downloaded from the eShop. this i have no problem with :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#28GoldenJoe24Posted 11/28/2012 7:47:23 PM
Glad this is coming out now. I just bought a blue XL from Best Buy two weeks ago. Looks like I'll be doing an exchange for the free game.

And I agree that a black XL would be awesome, but honestly, the blue is much nicer in person than in the advertisements. The fact that it's MATTE automatically makes it better than the black regular 3DS.