So with Mega Man's upcoming 25th anniversary...

#51PikachuMittinsPosted 11/29/2012 11:30:10 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"They should at minimum start "

It's Capcom.

Find the minimum they can do.

Cut it in half.

Cut it in half again.

Put a drunken cat in charge of the project.

And there you have their business model.

Best post of the day.
---
Official Light Director of the NDF/KDF/PDF/IDF
#52gikosPosted 11/29/2012 11:47:09 AM
am i the only one who doesn't want capcom to touch MM again
seeing what they did to DMC they might try to reboot it
tho if it turns out to be good ok but yeah..i don't know about this them doing something.i have a bad feeling
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#53n00bsaib0tPosted 11/29/2012 12:19:33 PM
Second, they also could've given Zero different moves so that they're still different enough.

They already had a great Zero to use as a base from Tatsunoko vs Capcom. That game had a classic series rep (Roll), X series rep (Zero) and Legends rep (Trigger). Tron is the Marvel vs Capcom Legends rep, they did some ctrl+v with Zero, and without making Mega Man play like Zero or giving him 10 projectiles they didn't feel they could do Mega Man justice. It came from Capcom themselves that after the poor implementation of Mega Man in MvC1/2 they didn't want to implement him poorly again and the best ideas they could come up with were too similar to Zero.

Aside from that, you say 'it would function like'. But that's just you 'assuming' how they should work. For one thing, they could've changed the effects.

Its because I've been playing fighting games for 20 years. I know how a move will function at a core level when I see it. Its up to Capcom what the frame data is like, if its cancelable, etc but you see a move like Top Spin and moves other characters have and you get a base idea for how it will behave in a fighting game. When they used Rock Ball, Tornado Hold and Leaf Shield in MvC1/2 they all functioned exactly like everyone thought they would.

Mega Man is all about projectiles.

But does that make for a good fighting game character? Not that I have an issue with zoning (or spamming as the scrubs like to call it, poor kids), but how many projectiles is too much? Thats what made moves like Top Spin and Charge Kick so great, and what made Zero so great when he became playable, he got a couple projectiles but he got different attacks he could do.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#54IHeartMetroidPosted 11/29/2012 4:53:30 PM
"The appearance of the move won't change how it functions, and I ignored nothing."

umad bro?
#55AkaneJonesPosted 11/29/2012 5:21:19 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
\
I'm not talking about X, I'm talking about Mega Man. He only gets a handful of unique weapons from game to game, most are just carbon copies of others. Leaf, Skull, Star, Plant, Junk, Jewel, and Pump weapons for example, or Metal, Shadow, and Wheel that can be fired diagonally and mostly function the same (Wheel had some added functionality for holding to climb walls), etc. To make a GOOD Mega Man (and not the horrible MvC1/2 version would require him to have moves like Zero's. X got a lot of unique moves though, some of his function completely different from Zero's and there are the charged versions, armor specific attacks (like a super where during super freeze he equips the Ultimate Armor and does a Nova Strike, un-equipping it after), and what not. They never gave a good reason for not including X, their excuse was for classic Mega Man.

Leaf Shield = A stationary shield that can be shot in for directions as wide range shot. It mostly functions as a wide range shot, with a guard block capability.

Skull Barrier = A mobile rotating shield that blocks one attack, one of the more useless shield weapons, but it is mobile so can be use to block shot of nuisance enemies on the run.

Star Crash = A Bomb that projects a shield around Mega Man before being shot, unlike the Leaf Shield you can move and the Skull Barrier you can shoot it. It's actually more like a a charge shot that protects the use while charging. It's weak to certain attacks, and some things can't be damage by the shield effect .

Plant Barrier = Mostly identical to the Skull Barrier, no real worthy notable difference..

Junk Shield = A shield that picks up pieces of junk and uses t to shield Mega Man. It takes damage for each piece of junk circling you, but can be fired off as a burst shot.

Jewel Satellite = The ultimate shield, a model shield that protects you from just about anything. Replaces and use of Skull Barrier and Plant Barrier as all there weaknesses are gone.

Water Shield = 8 droplets of water circle the user each block one shot attack. It can then be fired off in a rotating wheel pattern like the Power Stone but can actually hit things. It's best feature is however it 8 hit rapid fire melee combo.

In terms of Shield Weapons Leaf Shield, Star Crash, Junk Shield , Jewel Satellite, & Water Shield have different properties and uses. Leaf Shield could be use as a guard block and a throwing cutter. Star Crash would be a charge attack that shoots an exploding bomb, that has shielding properties against certain attacks while charging but can be broken. Jewel Satellite would be a pure shield that only lasts X amount of time. Water Shield would be a melee combo that put up a shield when used away from an opponent that can be use as a room filling attack. I'd probably forget the Junk Shield unless there's a use for drawing parts of the stage to Mega Man. Point is even the things though of as clones aren't really.
#56Chaos_MissilePosted 11/29/2012 7:25:34 PM
Phantom_Nook posted...
21_21 posted...
Just like how Nintendo neglected to acknowledge Metroid's 25th anniversary >_>

The difference is that Capcom has already announced that they will do something for Megaman's anniversary. Nintendo never did anything of the sort with Metroid.

Capcom's idea of an anniversary game, incase we've forgotten: http://www.gamefaqs.com/iphone/680658-rockman-xover
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#57Darkwing EXEPosted 11/30/2012 5:35:54 PM
If they release the Legends 3 Prototype, I'd be satiated. It was ready to be shipped anyway.

I'm not talking about X, I'm talking about Mega Man. He only gets a handful of unique weapons from game to game, most are just carbon copies of others. Leaf, Skull, Star, Plant, Junk, Jewel, and Pump weapons for example, or Metal, Shadow, and Wheel that can be fired diagonally and mostly function the same (Wheel had some added functionality for holding to climb walls), etc. To make a GOOD Mega Man (and not the horrible MvC1/2 version would require him to have moves like Zero's. X got a lot of unique moves though, some of his function completely different from Zero's and there are the charged versions, armor specific attacks (like a super where during super freeze he equips the Ultimate Armor and does a Nova Strike, un-equipping it after), and what not. They never gave a good reason for not including X, their excuse was for classic Mega Man.

You're missing the fact that Megaman has over a hundred weapons and power-ups that can be made into ALL of his attacks. Look at characters like B.B. Hood. Most of her normals attack involve land mines and machine guns. Hsein-Ko uses most weapons as normals than specials.

For Megaman: His throws could be using the Thunder Claw. His Anti-Air normal could be the short range Air Shooter. Jewel Satellite would be just for guarding animation. Knightman's weapon could be him using the iron mace as a Air-S.
They can make a decent move list if they really wanted. And you can't say that everyone else was made to best represent their original games either.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
Legends Never Die! www.legends3.com