Zelda II + Mutant Mudds = Zelda III-D Adventure of Link 2

#1gilgamesh21Posted 11/28/2012 2:55:42 PM
I just played the 3DS demo of Mutant Mudds, and I must say, this game is great. The 3D is just so good. Probably my best 3D experience on 3DS so far. (Just got a 3DS XL).

What really hit me while playing this, is that this dev, Renegade Kid, needs to make Zelda III-D Adventure of Link 2. A direct sequel to Zelda II, and featuring all the great 2D sprite work and 8bit music this guy is capable of, with plenty of homage to the original art/sound. Now add in the multiple background/foreground interaction and travel. Also while Link is still able to jump, his very first thing to do should be to find the legendary hookshot(clawshot) and he'd use it to traverse heights, draw enemies towards him etc. Bionic Commando stuff.

Doesn't anyone else feel how great that would be?
#2StephenYap3Posted 11/28/2012 3:03:28 PM
Not bad. Wouldn't mind trying it.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#3Argh4430Posted 11/28/2012 3:10:37 PM
Even if they can't get the Zelda license, I want to see Renegade Kid make that Bionic Commando-esque game. Mutant Mudds had some tight and challenging gameplay near the end, and I would love more grappling hook action, any time. They could probably do a Zelda II spirtual successor/sequel justice. Considering that Zelda II was mostly action, with spells (no worrying about items, since they were all "key" items), the pace in the new game could be quickened with less emphasis on grinding and more on precise battles.
#4gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 3:22:19 PM
^ Right, no more grinding just wholesome Zelda II action without the tears.
#5JoeBudden42Posted 11/28/2012 3:38:14 PM
gilgamesh21 posted...
this game is great. The 3D is just so good. Probably my best 3D experience on 3DS so far.

this site needs a rep system. I would +1 u for that.
#6gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:55:42 AM
^ Aw, thanks!

I was thinking that it would still have a Zelda II overworld, but with those great 3D effects. When a cloud goes over enemies could potentially get the drop on you. Although how would the overworld work if it's like Zelda II but we've taken out the level grinding?
#7Argh4430Posted 11/29/2012 3:29:12 AM
gilgamesh21 posted...
^ Although how would the overworld work if it's like Zelda II but we've taken out the level grinding?

I imagine it would be like how the series is now; finding heart containers, magic containers, and weapon upgrades. The overworld could be unchanged/similar to how it was built before.
#8trenton97Posted 11/29/2012 3:44:50 AM
I would want it to have Zelda exploration and action with Mutant Mudds' platforming and an overworld like Zelda 2.

....which seems to be exactly what you guys said. Cool!
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#9gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:15:44 PM
Yes, the overworld being more like Zelda II then regular Zelda worlds could still have all that good stuff, like finding hearts, and Link dolls...remember those? Breaking road blocking boulders with the hammer!

With regards to the hookshot, I want Link to still be able to strike with his sword when he's travelling with the hookshot. As you travel over an enemies head with the hookshot, you can still give him a whack for good measure.
#10AppleJockRidaPosted 11/29/2012 2:21:09 PM
The game is also just about to hit iOS just like jet set radio recently has and vectrex. Seizes the controls sucking, I am starting to think that the software coming out for iOS is leaps and bounds more interesting, and plentiful if not overall better than the vita and 3ds. I am not talking about the iPhone though. You need at least an iPad mini to enjoy iOS gaming.