Miyamoto ruined Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

#11gamerofNSPosted 11/29/2012 7:55:55 AM
Kind of ironic that the one-player mode in New Super Mario Bros. U is called "story mode".
#12gikosPosted 11/29/2012 8:08:49 AM
hope you guys are read it cuz you need to
Tanabe Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.
don't know if true but i know the mad haters are going to hate this one XD
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#13Sol_ClydePosted 11/29/2012 8:45:41 AM(edited)
Miyamoto made avoidable battles pointless, ordered the team to limit action commands to the press of a button, forced a bland soundtrack, told the team to keep badges and partners out, to keep world split in stages and to give Mario another magical flying talking annoying object like in SPM again?

No?

Then he didn't ruin anything that wasn't already ruined.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#14shampoowarriorPosted 11/29/2012 9:45:30 AM
Bass_X0 posted...
I did think that there was too much story in Super Paper Mario that it was an unwelcome distraction from the gameplay.

That's funny, I found SMP's gameplay to be the most unwelcome part about it
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#15Bass_X0Posted 11/29/2012 10:24:53 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
Bass_X0 posted...
I did think that there was too much story in Super Paper Mario that it was an unwelcome distraction from the gameplay.

That's funny, I found SMP's gameplay to be the most unwelcome part about it

Yeah, it wasn't good to me either. I hated the space zone because it was bland empty featureless mazes.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#16Sad_FacePosted 11/29/2012 12:04:19 PM
I sort of understand what Miyamoto was going when he said less story. He wanted it so that you'd have options as to where to go next after finishing an arc. In Paper Mario, we went from chapter to chapter, from Shy Guy's toy box to Yoshi's Island in sequence. In a less story driven game, you'd can choose whether to go in that order or vice versa. It's not a bad advice.

But they still programmed it and made it look terrible. If they didn't agree with him, why didn't they prove him wrong?