Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses

#1Starwars4JPosted 11/29/2012 9:09:38 PM
If you haven't gone and have the opportunity, go. I was at the one at Madison Square Garden and oh my God...it was amazing. All of the footage they used for OoT was from the 3DS version as well (topicality!). Looked beautiful up on those big screens. Everything was absolutely fantastic, and the three encores were wonderful. When the conductor pulled out her real Wind Waker baton to conduct the Wind Waker one guy actually screamed "Oh my God NO" loud enough for everyone to hear. It was great, people applauding and cheering as the musicians played, the way music used to be before people got all stuck up about it.

The poster was sweet too, but they ran out of ocarinas before I could get to the front of the line. Does anyone who went have a picture of the ones they were selling there?

Also 115 streetpasses. Wewt wewt.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#2SilentWandererPosted 11/29/2012 9:15:48 PM
I went but didn't buy the Ocarina. It kind of seemed pointless to buy one without the book and both cost a pretty penny. Probably should have bought them, but meh. Yes, the symphony was simply awesome. The encores were unexpected, but a delight (I'm glad MM was represented). I loved the video components (the "fire" effect was brilliant). The choir was absolutely chilling, the musicians were at the top of their performance and the conductor with authentic Windwaker was so full of energy that it made everything perfect. The Skull Kid and Midna cosplays were impressive and I even spotted Triforce.
---
"I'm giving you an all-tomato, meaning that you give me the whole tomato, or else."
#3Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 9:34:11 PM
In retrospect I wish I had bought it. This came into effect when someone behind me started playing theirs during the wait for it to begin <_< Just wondering what specifically they were

What Midna or skull kid Cosplays? I only saw the couple in the amazing Zelda/Shiek cosplays.
---
#4SilentWandererPosted 11/29/2012 9:40:22 PM(edited)
What Midna or skull kid Cosplays? I only saw the couple in the amazing Zelda/Shiek cosplays.

Really? You didn't spot them? The Midna one was in her Queen form and the Skull Kid one had the big, really detailed Majora's Mask. They were both in the front, Skull Kid being to the left and Midna being to the right. The producer guy even gave a shout out to the Skull Kid cosplayer.

But the concert really reminds you part of why you play Zelda games in the first place. I want to play them again.
---
"I'm giving you an all-tomato, meaning that you give me the whole tomato, or else."
#5Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 9:43:04 PM
Nope, totally missed them :/ You saw the two I was talking about?

And I know what you mean, I really want to find the time to go back and play Link's Awakening.
---
#6viperstrike07Posted 11/29/2012 9:50:11 PM
I also agree that any fan (big or small) should go to one of these concerts if given an opportunity to do so. The music was simply phenomenal. I was also at the one last night and remember seeing the person with Majoras Mask.

I would have been a little pissed off if they didnt play Gerudo Valley but thankfully they did. Also my 130 street passes and getting all pink pieces was a perk.
#7laxnd23Posted 11/29/2012 9:51:08 PM
Wait back up. YOURS HAD OCARINAS?!?!?!?!?!?! Mine only had a poster and T shirt. Oh and like 200 streetpasses lol.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#8SilentWandererPosted 11/29/2012 9:56:59 PM
Wait back up. YOURS HAD OCARINAS?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yup, and a music book as well.
---
#9laxnd23Posted 11/29/2012 9:58:26 PM
SilentWanderer posted...
Wait back up. YOURS HAD OCARINAS?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yup, and a music book as well.

UGH. I went to the one at the Mann Center in Philadelphia and they didn't have any of those. Just the aforementioned T-shirt and poster.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#10Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:07:27 PM
I didn't actually get to see the ocarinas though, really wondering if there was any special markings on them for this event <_<
---