In your opinion, do you think Paper Mario: Sticker Star...

#21Sol_ClydePosted 11/30/2012 9:42:08 AM
StephenYap3 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
No, it's a lot of fun. People just like to whine about anything...a series changing, a series staying the same...

This.

"No partners! Wehhh!"
"No story! Wehhh!"
"No leveling up! Wehhh!"
"No new worlds! Wehhh!"
"No original characters! Why just one!? Wehhh!"
"Stickers! Wehhh!"

It's beyond sickening, imbecilic, and absurd. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story removed everything I loved about Superstar Saga and you haters loved it.

And what exactly were all those amazing things it removed other than Bros Attacks?
The battle system is pretty much the same. As dynamic as ever. You still rely on your own skill to dodge/counter, etc.

If you really want to make a comparison to Sticker Star, it would be like this:

Take SSS, remove bros attacks, luigi, equipment, experience and levelling, insert another imbecile partner akin to SPM Navis blabbering all the freaking time (although BiS did have one, that sprite thing), limit half of the special moves to end after 1 press of a button, kick Yoko Shimomura to hire some random composer who can make a bland soundtrack, split the world into stages, then force players to use consumable items for attacking, recovering and everything in battle. Also make sure the bosses have a huge ammount of HP and will receive ridiculously low damage unless you use a consumable that you sure as heck shouldn't be stupid to use before the boss unless you want to go through a chore to get it again.

Sticker Star follows the paper theme, has dialogue and a turn based battle. That's as 'Paper Mario'-ish as it is. They stripped nearly everything that made a Paper Mario game what it was and tackled the crappy sticker system on top.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#22lizard81288Posted 11/30/2012 10:30:54 AM
For me, the battle system is unrewarding. I can get plenty of stickers in the level and at the end of each level, you get a ton of coins. The only thing I send my coins on is the roulette wheel to get more turns during a boss battle. I do like the Music though.
---
I hate people in general.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/NPC/index/
#23GenoPosted 11/30/2012 10:37:46 AM
Some of the negative reactions are justified, because it's pretty far-flung from the originals that were so great in the same way Super Paper Mario was far-flung from the original. I mean, it's CLOSER than SPM, but without a lot of interesting dialogue, only one new character, no partners and no RPG sense of progression, the game misses a lot of what made the originals fun.

Anyway, what it doesn't do there it does well with the strategy it tries to incorporate, but it does poorly in trying to teach you how to beat bosses with certain items. It pretty much screams at you to take a bunch of those powerful stickers into the battles but you don't know which ones are more effective.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#24Baha05Posted 11/30/2012 12:51:57 PM
AXKSION posted...
Why would we buy a game with flaws? Sorry but I only buy good games.

Super Mario RPG 2 - I'll take 10!

(unless they water it down and dumb-ize / casualize it for new gamers who don't like substance, just like with PMSS, that is)

Because all games have flaws, there is literally no such thing as a perfect game. On top of that not all flaws are like "OMG this game is broken because of a flawed battle system" some flaws can be small things, maybe a level was a pain in the ass, maybe the story has issues. I think the only people that take issues to small flaws are narrow minded tools that only play one game only.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#25bcorneliaPosted 11/30/2012 12:58:13 PM
I like the game and all but... it deserves some level of backlash. It's probably my least favorite out of all the Mario "RPG" games.
---
My old account got better.
#26StephenYap3Posted 11/30/2012 6:31:59 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
StephenYap3 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
No, it's a lot of fun. People just like to whine about anything...a series changing, a series staying the same...

This.

"No partners! Wehhh!"
"No story! Wehhh!"
"No leveling up! Wehhh!"
"No new worlds! Wehhh!"
"No original characters! Why just one!? Wehhh!"
"Stickers! Wehhh!"

It's beyond sickening, imbecilic, and absurd. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story removed everything I loved about Superstar Saga and you haters loved it.

And what exactly were all those amazing things it removed other than Bros Attacks?
The battle system is pretty much the same. As dynamic as ever. You still rely on your own skill to dodge/counter, etc.

--Removed--
-Stats are the only thing that Mario and Luigi are different from each other. Other than that, no different Special Attacks, no character-exclusive equipment, and no different Solo attacks.
-The variety of overworld moves.
-The variety in equipment. (95% of them are just stat increments)
-Starbeans Cafe and different beans.
-The major amount of skill involved in battles, thanks to the Special Attacks and Bowser.
-The major amount of exploration, as well as the fun in exploring.
-The fun, addiction, and variety in mini games.
-The fun from fighting bosses.
-The replay value.
-The rival for Mario and Luigi (Bowser got Midbus, so why don't the Mario bros have one or two of their own?)

Forgive me. All these reasons do make me sound like a hater and/or fanboy, but I'm just irritated at how people keep expecting Sticker Star to be like 64/TTYD and be disappointed after getting it, and I brought BIS into my comment only because I know and understand how those people who hated Sticker Star feel and I feel the same way for another Mario RPG I didn't like though they most likely loved, even though it's not a Paper Mario game.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#27RucalPosted 11/30/2012 6:51:42 PM
Sticker Star attempts to mix elements of New Super Mario Bros into the Paper Mario series.
If you're a fan of NSMB, you'll probably like Sticker Star.

If you're more of a PM fan, then you'll probably be disappointed.
---
"Can dogs see the 3ds?" - Jamianes
"Yes, they can see the 3DS. =)" - O2Ash
#28Baha05Posted 11/30/2012 7:24:36 PM
Rucal posted...
Sticker Star attempts to mix elements of New Super Mario Bros into the Paper Mario series.
If you're a fan of NSMB, you'll probably like Sticker Star.

If you're more of a PM fan, then you'll probably be disappointed.

Ummmm you obviously weren't playing the same game. Elements of NSMB? Whaaa?
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#29SSJ4CHRISPosted 11/30/2012 7:31:39 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Minamo posted...
Its not very good at all. I like even Super Paper Mario more, because at least that had a plot.

A nauseating plot. By the end of that game I wanted it to die in a hole....and I started out liking it quite a bit.

I bought SPM without hesitation when I bought the Wii. Two of the worst decisions I've ever made about gaming and both at the same time. Ugh. PM:SS was a no-buy right after I saw the horrible Nintendo Direct Video they showed of it.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.