Why is this region locked?

#21SkittyOnWailordPosted 11/30/2012 7:59:58 AM
Kouji_Tamino posted...
It's the other way around, actually. NOJ doesn't want to lose profits to Japanese players importing cheaper US releases.

If that was true then why are the Japanese versions of Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 region locked but not any other region ones?
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#22silenthill4vidPosted 11/30/2012 8:11:55 AM
it is a little annoying having to import da system, but im serious importer. hate havin to import games i could buy here tho, lol.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#23n00bsaib0tPosted 11/30/2012 8:22:22 AM
NovaCast posted...
Any good explanation as to why they did not want something like NA players being able to play japanese games on NA systems?

I'm not huge into importing, but is there ever a "good explanation" for region locking?

"Product not licensed for use outside of Japan".

Based on the fact that the Mega Man and Castlevania games are on the eshop in Japan and not in America (games where all the work in localization is already done, they just need to be slapped in an emulator for instant money) my only guess is that the 3DS is region locked because of some sort of new licensing issue Nintendo ran into. Until there is an official statement, no one will know why the 3DS is region locked.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#24abbyhitterPosted 11/30/2012 8:26:21 AM
I don't care about region locking because I don't want to play games in other languages that I can't read or understand.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#25n00bsaib0tPosted 11/30/2012 8:45:32 AM
I don't care about region locking because I don't want to play games in other languages that I can't read or understand.

You do realize that a lot of games released in Europe have multiple language options, right? Not so much with the 3DS, but on past systems they have received games North America hasn't.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#26Wario_manPosted 11/30/2012 8:48:43 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

You do realize that a lot of games released in Europe have multiple language options, right? Not so much with the 3DS, but on past systems they have received games America hasn't.

Though it is most often vice-versa. Screw you, Atlus.
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#27n00bsaib0tPosted 11/30/2012 8:53:36 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

You do realize that a lot of games released in Europe have multiple language options, right? Not so much with the 3DS, but on past systems they have received games America hasn't.

Though it is most often vice-versa. Screw you, Atlus.

Indeed it is most often the other way around, but I'm assuming he is from America and giving a scenario he could relate to. If he was from Europe he would most likely understand the concept of importing from America and this conversation wouldn't happen. And for the record, I'm still salty about the PSX version of Mega Man X 3. Why didn't we get that, exactly?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#28Wario_manPosted 11/30/2012 8:56:10 AM
No clue but I'm sure they'd make up some bull**** story to sell you.
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#29TerotrousPosted 11/30/2012 8:57:10 AM
It's basically just so they can troll the consumer. There's little to no evidence that region locking or importing has any significant financial impact on the gaming market. But it sure is an easy way to make fans of certain franchises mad.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#30SkittyOnWailordPosted 11/30/2012 9:06:18 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
I'm still salty about the PSX version of Mega Man X 3. Why didn't we get that, exactly?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/6969691/PSX.png

They made Megaman X3 for PS2? When did that happen? O_o
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=