Really looking forward to a new Zelda on this.

#1TeremeiPosted 11/30/2012 5:14:32 AM
Love the 3D, really starting to get into the 3DS as a system, even more so now. Paper Mario is so charming and the graphics look perfect with 3D.

I think a cell shaded Zelda game would look amazing in 3D on this thing. What do you think?
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +
#2McMarblesPosted 11/30/2012 5:35:02 AM
As long as they don't kill it with tedious transport systems or something like the Temple if the Ocean King, I'd be on board.
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#3lifelackPosted 11/30/2012 5:35:56 AM
yes it would be nice. Me too I'm looking forward Zelda but I fear we will get something inferior to OoT.
I'm don't like what they did with Paper Mario which I feel is too dumbed down. While great on it's own I wished for a tTYD kind of game... you know with a story and more RPG element. I like the 3DS a lot so far but first party Nintendo games are a letdown... It look like Nintendo forgot to target core audience.
I still have hopes for Luigi Mansion.
A windwaker type Zelda would be great. Love the artstyle. I don't like TP so I hope they don't go this route either. The whole wolf part was boring for me. Keep it magic, don't go into super-realism. I didn't like Minish Cap either but the two Oracles games where great.
As well as Link Awakening...
#4abbyhitterPosted 11/30/2012 6:34:05 AM
The good news is that the bottom screen is smaller and does not have the 3D effect. They won't give us a game that controls like PH and ST. Touch screen controls will be for menus only.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#5toadiemanPosted 11/30/2012 6:43:10 AM
abbyhitter posted...
The good news is that the bottom screen is smaller and does not have the 3D effect. They won't give us a game that controls like PH and ST. Touch screen controls will be for menus only.

God I hope so. Touchscreen to do everything ruined the DS zeldas for me.
---
PSN: toadieman
#6MarsfordPosted 11/30/2012 7:39:47 AM
How about a Link to the Past inspired version in 3D?

Basically different story, overworld outline, dungeons, items, etc., but the same vibe and pacing. F***, in that game when you were on death mountain, you f****** felt like you were on Death Mountain.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#7Argh4430Posted 11/30/2012 9:14:45 AM
abbyhitter posted...

You're being too hopeful. Aren't they still going on the "touchscreen-only" controlled games for portable Zeldas? Or was that only for the DS?
#8minterwannyPosted 11/30/2012 11:05:39 AM
Argh4430 posted...
abbyhitter posted...

You're being too hopeful. Aren't they still going on the "touchscreen-only" controlled games for portable Zeldas? Or was that only for the DS?

I can't see why anyone would think that a new 3DS Zelda game will be touchscreen only.

The 3D only works on the bigger top screen.

With this in mind, why would Nintendo release a game controlled and presented on their smaller inferior touch screen? I suppose you could have 3D menus... that you wouldn't be able to use intuitively like those on a touchscreen.
#9Semi45aPosted 11/30/2012 11:37:53 AM
Wii U Zelda>
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Only on gamefaqs can you go on "parole" for saying you like Nanako....
#10CompassPosted 11/30/2012 12:19:03 PM
minterwanny posted...
Argh4430 posted...
abbyhitter posted...

I can't see why anyone would think that a new 3DS Zelda game will be touchscreen only.

The 3D only works on the bigger top screen.

With this in mind, why would Nintendo release a game controlled and presented on their smaller inferior touch screen? I suppose you could have 3D menus... that you wouldn't be able to use intuitively like those on a touchscreen.

There are plenty of touch-screen only 3DS games where you only look at the top screen while using the stylus below. I wouldn't put it past them.