Has anyone imported Layton vs. Ace Attorney? *maybe spoilers*

#1Luigifan141Posted 11/30/2012 11:44:38 AM
I don't have a Japanese 3DS, so I was just wondering for those that have a Japanese 3DS and imported this game, what do you think of it? Iím a big fan of Ace Attorney and played all 5 of the localized games so far, and Iíve just been getting into Professor Layton thanks to this crossover. I borrowed Last Specter from a friend and downloaded Miracle Mask for myself, yet I haven't played the first three games yet (going to wait for Azran Legacies first).

Iím just curious on what the game is like and if thereís anything we havenít seen in the trailers yet. I'm extremely excited for the game and surprised that Level-5 and Capcom haven't officially announced a localization yet. I hope we get this game by next year!
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#2SakurafanboyPosted 11/30/2012 11:56:25 AM
Its something Americans and Europeans want, so of course Capcom won't let level-5 localize it. You know Capcom's just a bunch of trolls now, right?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#3silenthill4vidPosted 11/30/2012 12:01:31 PM
i got it on order, but prolly get it next week.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#4Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:04:31 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Its something Americans and Europeans want, so of course Capcom won't let level-5 localize it. You know Capcom's just a bunch of trolls now, right?

I am very aware of this, but the fact that Capcom has plans to localize Ace Attorney 5 because they realized there is a market for that game along with Level-5 taking great care of Professor Layton in general gives us at least a glimmer of hope.

If it's not getting localized for sure, then I wouldn't mind watching videos of the whole game being played with subtitles or something. I would rather get the game in English at the end of the day, though.
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#51212-1Posted 11/30/2012 5:00:43 PM
Yeah, this game not getting a release in English is even sadder than Project X Zone not getting released here. Which was pretty dang sad. I was also dissapointed that the vocaloid 3ds game was not released, but at least with that game, I can see why. I am pretty sure a game with both Professor Layton and Apollo would sell well here, but I guess because it's a crossover game they assume nobody over here would buy it.
#6IChangedMyNamePosted 11/30/2012 5:16:10 PM
I would, but the game looks (and from previous Ace Attorney exp) like it'll be something I cannot play like I've been able to do with previous imports.

I usually wing it with some action games, but I don't speak or understand Japanese although I've come to recognize certain symbols thanks to the MH series of the years and this game being a detective series would completely kill any enjoyment for me not knowing or understanding it.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)