Thinking of Buying a 3DS XL over a normal 3DS.

#1osatsukiPosted 11/30/2012 2:19:22 PM
I've seen some comparison videos of the two,and I've come to a question: Does the XL version Screen gets Pixelated sometimes or not? Because I've read it's better for the games I want. ( Mostly MH3U).

Thanks in advance.
---
Sorry if my English is too Bad (x_x")
#2Gam3r777Posted 11/30/2012 2:25:26 PM
It is a little pixelated because of the stretched image, but not enough to really notice. You tend to forget about it while you're playing. Just buy it. Once you play it, you won't ever be able to go back to the smaller screen of the original.
#3osatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:34:44 PM
I see,thanks,also another question,are the AC adapters for 3DS XL interchangeable between the XL and the normal versions or not?
---
#4rizsparkyPosted 11/30/2012 2:38:39 PM
yup all 3DS chargers are compatible with the dsi too, dont thnik about buying an XL... DO IT!
#5Gam3r777Posted 11/30/2012 2:38:57 PM
osatsuki posted...
I see,thanks,also another question,are the AC adapters for 3DS XL interchangeable between the XL and the normal versions or not?

That I'm not sure about. I'd say they probably are, but don't take my word for it. I just used the new one that came with the XL and got rid of the old one.
#6osatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:40:02 PM
rizsparky posted...
yup all 3DS chargers are compatible with the dsi too, dont thnik about buying an XL... DO IT!

Wow,even with the DSi? I guess I won't be needing to sell my DSi then,that's great,thanks.
---
#7AnimeFreakKatiePosted 11/30/2012 2:40:13 PM
You can hardly tell that it's pixelated, and if you never even knew the screen was stretched, you probably wouldnt even notice.

And the AC adaptor has been the same since the DS, the same charger works on all units.
#8GreenMage7Posted 11/30/2012 3:59:07 PM
AnimeFreakKatie posted...
And the AC adaptor has been the same since the DS, the same charger works on all units.

No it hasn't. The GBA SP and original Nintendo DS had the same charger. Then the DS Lite had a different charger. Then the DSi yet again had a different charger.

The DSi, DSi XL, 3DS and 3DS XL all have the same charger though.
#9FiendingHardPosted 11/30/2012 4:00:53 PM
rizsparky posted...

Came to say that. Don't think about it, do it!
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9, Diablo 3
#10EvonfirePosted 11/30/2012 5:21:16 PM
I couldn't imagine playing a game like MGS or KH:DDD on an original 3ds. I bought an XL and even that screen is almost too small for my liking. Maybe I'm just not use to handheld gaming after taking a 10+ year break. That and high-def ps3 gaming on a 46 inch TV. Im pretty satisfied with the Xl, i wish the speakers were louder but as far as pixelated or screen stretching it hasnt even been a factor.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.