3DS XL worth buying? (questions)

#1MilenninPosted 12/1/2012 2:03:18 AM
Currently I have the standard 3DS, but was thinking of maybe buying the 3DS for the nicer screen. Is the bigger screen actually worth it? How do regular DS games look on it? If you have tried both versions, which do you prefer and why?
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 12/1/2012 2:11:44 AM
i bought the aqua blue 3ds back in the summer then i upgraded to the XL after testing my cousins red XL. it..is..worth it! the huge screens are nice, the rounded edges don't hurt your palms anymore, the system itself is larger for people with large hands so no more cramps, and so much more.

i will never go back to the small puny 3ds. no offense.
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#3viajarvPosted 12/1/2012 2:12:49 AM
Decide soon, pretty sweet deal coming up tomorrow for the xl
#4Milennin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:15:54 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
i bought the aqua blue 3ds back in the summer then i upgraded to the XL after testing my cousins red XL. it..is..worth it! the huge screens are nice, the rounded edges don't hurt your palms anymore, the system itself is larger for people with large hands so no more cramps, and so much more.

i will never go back to the small puny 3ds. no offense.

Yeah, I have big hands, which is one of the reasons I'm interested in the XL version. Thanks for reply.

viajarv posted...
Decide soon, pretty sweet deal coming up tomorrow for the xl

Yup, thought I read about that a few days ago and why I came here to ask.^^
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#5viajarvPosted 12/1/2012 3:51:27 AM
I think i have large hands too, about a 9" hand span, and I have no problems with the size of a normal 3ds. Nor did I find a problem with the edges digging into my palms, but I' haven't played mine for longer than 2 hours at a time.

They do have xl's on display at most targets, and I'm interested in one just because of the bigger screen and it doesn't seem to be so large that it still seems pocketable.
#6JoeHigashi2000Posted 12/1/2012 4:40:03 AM
It's awesome! I feel like I'm using a gameboy micro every time I pick up my aqua blue or Zelda 3ds.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210
#7Crono19Posted 12/1/2012 6:28:09 AM
I actually have small hands but the regular 3ds hurt my hands. I bought a 3ds xl the day it was released and never looked back. So much better for my hands,eyes, just...everything. I could never go back to a regular screen now. Waaay to small.
---
I like cats....
#8txlionPosted 12/1/2012 11:04:22 AM
My old 3DS was collecting dust because I didn't really care for it's small screen and there wasn't any good games to really play IMO. Then Paper Mario came out and I traded my old 3DS for the XL and now I love gaming on the 3DS again. I can't wait to beat Paper Mario and try out some other games also. So yeah, it's definitely worth it to upgrade. It's a lot better.
#9ChiefDamonGantPosted 12/1/2012 12:01:45 PM
I just traded up myself (sold my brother my original one for cheap).

At first I was worried the extra weight would be annoying, but because the system is so flat and wide, it's really evenly distributed and feels comfortable.

Only two complaints I have is the slightly lower max volume (which is avoided by using headphones anyway) and the SD Card slot being harder to open (not that most people need to open it often). Everything else is great though, the buttons, +control pad, and circle pad all have a matte texture to them so it's easier to keep your thumbs on the buttons. And the battery life is a bit longer too which is always a plus.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
#10Gam3r777Posted 12/1/2012 12:34:40 PM
Like I keep telling people, once you play it, you'll never be able to play the original again. And the DS games look great. I'm playing Dragon Quest V on it atm and it looks just about as good as if I played it on the regular DS. No real noticeable difference.