do you think Squeenix will port thei IOS offerings to the 3ds?

#11TheMisfitPosted 12/2/2012 7:31:14 AM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
The prices are too much for apps, but perfect for portable console game prices.

Port it to the 3ds or vita with those prices and no one will complain

I... but... really?

Games are NOT apps. This is whats wrong with today's generation. A calculator is an app. Your parent's bank has an app. A meme viewer is an app. Games are games, it cost a lot more to make them than it does to make a calculator. Thats why games like FFD have the price tag they do, they aren't just going to slap it on there for $2 when it takes millions of dollars to make it. Don't be mad because companies what to get back what they put into their games, and don't be mad that mommy won't buy you $15 iOS games. Also don't be mad that you're on iOS and cant use Amazon App Store for Android for a free paid app every day.

You have it all wrong. If you know anything about software development, a game is an app. App means application. And an application is software. Thus, a game IS an application. Games have been called 'apps' since the late 70's and 80's (the golden age of computers). I have old Atari mags that I can quote "Space Invaders is the VCS killer app.' Do you really think the term 'app' was invented or popularized with smart phones?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software

Here is a little guide on what kind of software can be call an app. I'll save you the trouble of looking it up though, everything.

---
GameFAQs user & enthusiast for over 10 years.
#12ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 8:12:31 AM(edited)
Many could not justify purchasing Final Fantasy Dimensions because of its price tag of almost $30.

http://kotaku.com/5937592/square-enix-thinks-this-mobile-rpg-is-worth-30?post=52154427

I am sure this wouldn't be an issue if it was on the 3ds. People don't mind paying that money on consoles.

Put it on the vita or 3ds for $30 to $40, and I would buy it in a heartbeat.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#13n00bsaib0tPosted 12/2/2012 8:15:33 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The prices are too much for apps, but perfect for portable console game prices.

Port it to the 3ds or vita with those prices and no one will complain

I... but... really?

Games are NOT apps. This is whats wrong with today's generation. A calculator is an app. Your parent's bank has an app. A meme viewer is an app. Games are games, it cost a lot more to make them than it does to make a calculator. Thats why games like FFD have the price tag they do, they aren't just going to slap it on there for $2 when it takes millions of dollars to make it. Don't be mad because companies what to get back what they put into their games, and don't be mad that mommy won't buy you $15 iOS games. Also don't be mad that you're on iOS and cant use Amazon App Store for Android for a free paid app every day.

You have it all wrong. If you know anything about software development, a game is an app. App means application. And an application is software. Thus, a game IS an application. Games have been called 'apps' since the late 70's and 80's (the golden age of computers). I have old Atari mags that I can quote "Space Invaders is the VCS killer app.' Do you really think the term 'app' was invented or popularized with smart phones?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software

Here is a little guide on what kind of software can be call an app. I'll save you the trouble of looking it up though, everything.

You're technically correct, and no I don't think the term "app" was popularized with smart phones.

What I do know is that when you go to the Google Play Store there are 5 categories: Apps, Games, Music, Movies, and Books. Games are obviously treated differently than standard apps on mobile devices. You can't search for and purchase Final Fantasy III by searching any category but games (excluding an entire store search).
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#14Darkstorm16Posted 12/2/2012 10:02:06 AM
See I have no problem paying the ammount nintendo or sony wants per game but thats because I'm safe with the downloads because the updates never seem to ruin the games, where as apple, you could pay for the game and next month they may have an update that may cause the game to crash so many times.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#15n00bsaib0tPosted 12/2/2012 3:16:49 PM
See I have no problem paying the ammount nintendo or sony wants per game but thats because I'm safe with the downloads because the updates never seem to ruin the games, where as apple, you could pay for the game and next month they may have an update that may cause the game to crash so many times.

First of all, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft don't do anything to stop game breaking patches from going live. Just look at Street Fighter X Tekken and the patch that actually added a game freezing glitch to the game (when Rolento's knife collides with any fireball the game crashes, its since been fixed).

Second, look at the bolded part. Apple just makes the phone and OS, not the games. Blame the company that patches it, not the company that makes the system or phone. You don't blame Microsoft when a patch breaks a PC game, do you? Then don't blame Apple when a patch breaks a game on iOS.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#16Darkstorm16Posted 12/2/2012 4:13:23 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

First of all, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft don't do anything to stop game breaking patches from going live. Just look at Street Fighter X Tekken and the patch that actually added a game freezing glitch to the game (when Rolento's knife collides with any fireball the game crashes, its since been fixed).

Second, look at the bolded part. Apple just makes the phone and OS, not the games. Blame the company that patches it, not the company that makes the system or phone. You don't blame Microsoft when a patch breaks a PC game, do you? Then don't blame Apple when a patch breaks a game on iOS.

Yeah sorry about that :/
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#17NettoSaitoPosted 12/2/2012 4:16:19 PM
Really, I think the Vita has a better chance of seeing them (it's got the whole mobile thing now after all), but I'd love to see them on the 3DS as well.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito