Should nintendo think about implementing a handheld acievment system? POLL.

#612wingedangelPosted 12/3/2012 1:44:53 PM
In a way, they already do. Especially with Pokemon BW2.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#62Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 2:45:23 PM
CircleOfManias posted...
Achievements are just unlockables without the reward. Implementing achievements means developers will use them in place of unlockable content.

I'm still waiting for examples.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#63Baha05Posted 12/3/2012 4:15:25 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...

Honestly it's hard and yet easy to give examples. Mainly for the fact unlockables have been part of only a few genres. I think for one Fighters have seen a dwindle in unlocked content due to a combination of DLC and achievements that give you next to nothing. RPGs have also pretty much had momentum of progression taken from them as now you have a bunch of "Kill X guys" ones or "Don't miss any treasure"

Not to mention most achievements aren't even special at all, just given to you for playing the game.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#64Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:51:38 PM
Baha05 posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...

Honestly it's hard and yet easy to give examples. Mainly for the fact unlockables have been part of only a few genres. I think for one Fighters have seen a dwindle in unlocked content due to a combination of DLC and achievements that give you next to nothing. RPGs have also pretty much had momentum of progression taken from them as now you have a bunch of "Kill X guys" ones or "Don't miss any treasure"

Not to mention most achievements aren't even special at all, just given to you for playing the game.

In my personal opinion DLC is what's really killing unlock able content. Why include something in the game that game be unlocked when you can release as DLC for 5-20 bucks? It really isn't unheard of for developers to lock the content on the disk and then release the dlc to unlock it.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#65darkhishamPosted 12/3/2012 7:58:55 PM
Forget Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc., as long as Nintendo doesn't add achievements their consoles will be my favorite of the generation and I have 100% in 42/45 in the 360 and 9/13 in the PS3, so I'm not some random pro-nintendo achievement hater.
#66SMASHKING84Posted 12/3/2012 9:22:38 PM
Besides nintendo is the WORSE company to want achievements from there already extremely lazy without them i'd hate to see them become even lazier.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#67LordBowserPosted 12/4/2012 4:52:04 AM
It wouldn't ruin the system if they added it, but it's rather pointless.

I don't care if they add it or not, but given the choice I'd prefer not -- if simply to allow Nintendo to focus on more useful features.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!