Do you guys ever found someone with street pass?

#21ChiefDamonGantPosted 12/2/2012 10:58:53 PM(edited)
I have about a twenty minute walk through town to work (I live in suburban NJ) and very rarely I'll run into one person on the way there. Usually never the same person twice. I also keep my 3DS with me at work in case anyone comes by.

I've gotten a lot at specific locations/events (Nintendo World, Toys'R'Us in NYC, various conventions).

I feel deprived because I made so much Find Mii/Puzzle Swap progress at the two cons I went to in the summer and I've barely had any SPs since.

Oh and occasionally, I'll get one from a specific Gamestop employee. And now that my bro and I both have one I'll probably be getting him every so often as well.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
#22NnamzPosted 12/2/2012 10:54:46 PM
I get 6+ a day, often 10.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#23yabPosted 12/3/2012 1:24:58 AM
Looking forward to this when I attend Anime Expo.

if you're in the LA area just go to the streetpass events, there's going to be one next week and about 100+ people will attend
---
#24fuzi11Posted 12/3/2012 3:16:02 AM
I was over the weakend in Hamburg (Germany) on its Christmas Market. I got approximately 10 streetpasses (but only like 5 new pink pieces). Now I officially have more than 100 unique miis in my plaza. And another one from Japan.

I own the system since launch and this is the most I had in months.
#25EvonfirePosted 12/3/2012 9:40:15 AM
Can someone explain this to me i really cannot seem to grasp whether or not you have to be connected to a wifi-hot spot for streetpass to work. For example, I can't just walk around town and have my 3ds communicate with other 3ds unless both of us are somehow connected to the internet (wi-fi) correct? Does that make sense? Streetpass required a simultaneous wifi connection to work right?

Like, a lot of times there may be wi-fi in range, but its password protected so I cant get on it. Would streetpass still work in that case?
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#26ItemBreakPosted 12/3/2012 9:59:18 AM(edited)
Streetpassing uses the 3DS's wireless function; it doesn't need to be connected to the Internet for streetpasses to occur. You can just carry your 3DS around in sleep mode and when you pass someone else with their 3DS on, they'll tag one another.

I usually get 2-3 passes per day around my college campus.
#27EvonfirePosted 12/3/2012 10:29:29 AM
Wow thats awesome!! How the heck does that work?? I was under the impression that both 3DS's needed to be connected to the internet in a Wi-fi hotspot for 3DS streetpass to work. I still don't see how 2 3DS's could communicate with each other even though they aren't connected to the internet. Sounds like 3G honestly.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#28TinyTim123Posted 12/3/2012 12:01:52 PM
Evonfire posted...
Wow thats awesome!! How the heck does that work?? I was under the impression that both 3DS's needed to be connected to the internet in a Wi-fi hotspot for 3DS streetpass to work. I still don't see how 2 3DS's could communicate with each other even though they aren't connected to the internet. Sounds like 3G honestly.

It's more like ad-hoc, local wireless kinda thing. So long as your wifi switch is in the on position, of course.

I live in a small college town in New Mexico... four StreetPasses here since I moved here 18 months ago. No demo unit at the local Walmart. Of the four, one was acquired at Walmart, two at college the first week of school (none thereafter) and one in a biker bar.
I do in fact, carry my 3DS around with me most places, and I do walk almost everywhere I have to be. The nearest Gamestop is 90 some miles away, and they have no demo unit either. Also, living in New Mexico, there are no anime, comic or gamer conventions anywhere near here, and as a full time student, I can't really take the time off to go to one. =
Still, when I transfer back to California for post graduate work, I hope to start getting a few StreetPasses a week.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#29mitchells2003Posted 12/3/2012 12:14:14 PM
I picked up about 25 people with streetpass when I went to an anime convention.
---
"Do you have any idea what irony is?" - Blackadder
"Yeah, it's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made of iron." - Baldrick