For those of you purchasing the LE blue 3DS XL/digital MK7 holiday bundle...

#190sRetroGamingPosted 12/2/2012 8:31:41 AM(edited)
You might want to get it ASAP!. i arrived at Toy's R' Us before opening (7AM EST) and there was a mini line before the doors opened. they ask what people are there for and a couple of us say "Bundle". they called the employee from outside of the store to "get the bundles ready".

I calmly pace to get mine right?... about 5-10 minutes later here comes three ladies together in a group (one about 40-45 and the other two in their mid-late 20's). get ready for this...

They ask for six... SIX of the same XL/MK7 bundle between them!!!. and the manager actually cleared it and said "Ok!". SO GLAD i got there before opening!!!

That said transaction was smooth for me. $199.99-$2 R' Us coupon= $197.99 + tax. got the free $30 GC and for the free bobble head stylus your three choices were either Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach. i chose Baby Luigi! xD.

I also picked up Super Princess Peach and Yoshi's Island DS for $49.98 after B1G1 50% off. it seems like you can't find these two games anywhere other than TRU so i just got them there. plenty of copies.

Misc... they had Tetris Axis for $14.98, Heroes of Ruin for $19.98 and Skyward Sword w/music CD for $29.98. all on clearence. and a few Wii U's. like 2-3 Deluxe black and a Basic white one.

Anybody else get their's yet? :)
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 12/2/2012 9:36:06 AM
Aw man, MK7 that's included with it is digital version. I was planning to sell it which equals to $65 in savings but I guess I won't be buying the bundle anymore. Maybe if there's some Wii Us avalable = $! I'm still there for the buy one get 1 half off.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#390sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:55:35 AM(edited)
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
Aw man, MK7 that's included with it is digital version. I was planning to sell it which equals to $65 in savings but I guess I won't be buying the bundle anymore. Maybe if there's some Wii Us avalable = $! I'm still there for the buy one get 1 half off.

I know it's the digital version and in this case (eventhough i still prefer physical copies of retail games) i don't mind this one being digital, seeing as i play this this (my physical copy) nearly everyday and on the go as well! :). another reason i don't mind it being included pre-installed is for the fact that i'm not paying the MSRP for MK7, where as if i someone wanted to buy digitally off the eShop they'd be paying the full $40 for it.

Once i perform a system transfer both eShop accounts will combine to one and i will still have MK7 along with whatever was on my old 3DS. i honestly would still consider getting this bundle if i were you :). this TRU deal is too good to pass up imo.
---
#4SpoonSportsPosted 12/2/2012 11:34:38 AM
Fry's Electronics is having a sale on the 3DS XL black bundled with Mario kart 7 for $179.99 for today only.
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks
#590sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 12:01:03 PM
SpoonSports posted...
Fry's Electronics is having a sale on the 3DS XL black bundled with Mario kart 7 for $179.99 for today only.

I live in NY so we have no Fry's Electronics stores (or Cosco's) unfortunatly :(.
---
#6GI_TiPosted 12/2/2012 12:49:45 PM
What firmware does the Mario Kart bundle ship with in North America? Did you have to upgrade the film ware to use the shop?
#7AnimeFreakKatiePosted 12/2/2012 3:36:13 PM
This deal is suppose to last till 12/8, so I'm sure even if they run out by the end of today, they'll have a new shipment by the end of the week. I don't know about the styli though. I want a baby Luigi one too.
#890sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 4:21:23 PM
GI_Ti posted...
What firmware does the Mario Kart bundle ship with in North America? Did you have to upgrade the film ware to use the shop?

I haven't opened it up yet. i'm not going to until i can get my hands on a Hori screen filter. i'm really paranoid about messing with the screens with no protectors on them lol. knowing Nintendo, and how the regular non-bundled 3DS XL's shipped, it'll have the latest updates and free applications like Swapnote, netflix, etc right out of the box! :).
---
#990sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 4:33:35 PM
AnimeFreakKatie posted...
This deal is suppose to last till 12/8, so I'm sure even if they run out by the end of today, they'll have a new shipment by the end of the week. I don't know about the styli though. I want a baby Luigi one too.

I just found it odd that in the first 20 minutes of opening, on the day of release, three people in a group together would out of nowhere come in and ask for six of them. there only like 7 or 8 of those bundles to begin with... it wasn't even 7:30 yet... i would've been pissed if i was a customer that came in at 10 or so only to be told that three people came in and scooped up the last six.

I immediatly thought "They're scalpers!" lol. also all the unnecessary yelling and heckling they gave the guy when he was calmly trying to tell them "One per guest" was pretty funny. i felt bad for him but still... xD. i hope they do restock though for others. it's a really nice bundle for the money :).
---
#10kingdrake2Posted 12/2/2012 7:00:56 PM
right after black friday they cut the deal on the 3ds :(. oh well i like mario 3d land more anyway
---
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88