For those of you purchasing the LE blue 3DS XL/digital MK7 holiday bundle...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For those of you purchasing the LE blue 3DS XL/digital MK7 holiday bundle...

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#1
You might want to get it ASAP!. i arrived at Toy's R' Us before opening (7AM EST) and there was a mini line before the doors opened. they ask what people are there for and a couple of us say "Bundle". they called the employee from outside of the store to "get the bundles ready".

I calmly pace to get mine right?... about 5-10 minutes later here comes three ladies together in a group (one about 40-45 and the other two in their mid-late 20's). get ready for this...

They ask for six... SIX of the same XL/MK7 bundle between them!!!. and the manager actually cleared it and said "Ok!". SO GLAD i got there before opening!!!

That said transaction was smooth for me. $199.99-$2 R' Us coupon= $197.99 + tax. got the free $30 GC and for the free bobble head stylus your three choices were either Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach. i chose Baby Luigi! xD.

I also picked up Super Princess Peach and Yoshi's Island DS for $49.98 after B1G1 50% off. it seems like you can't find these two games anywhere other than TRU so i just got them there. plenty of copies.

Misc... they had Tetris Axis for $14.98, Heroes of Ruin for $19.98 and Skyward Sword w/music CD for $29.98. all on clearence. and a few Wii U's. like 2-3 Deluxe black and a Basic white one.

Anybody else get their's yet? :)
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
Aw man, MK7 that's included with it is digital version. I was planning to sell it which equals to $65 in savings but I guess I won't be buying the bundle anymore. Maybe if there's some Wii Us avalable = $! I'm still there for the buy one get 1 half off.
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#3
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
Aw man, MK7 that's included with it is digital version. I was planning to sell it which equals to $65 in savings but I guess I won't be buying the bundle anymore. Maybe if there's some Wii Us avalable = $! I'm still there for the buy one get 1 half off.

I know it's the digital version and in this case (eventhough i still prefer physical copies of retail games) i don't mind this one being digital, seeing as i play this this (my physical copy) nearly everyday and on the go as well! :). another reason i don't mind it being included pre-installed is for the fact that i'm not paying the MSRP for MK7, where as if i someone wanted to buy digitally off the eShop they'd be paying the full $40 for it.

Once i perform a system transfer both eShop accounts will combine to one and i will still have MK7 along with whatever was on my old 3DS. i honestly would still consider getting this bundle if i were you :). this TRU deal is too good to pass up imo.

User Info: SpoonSports

SpoonSports
4 years ago#4
Fry's Electronics is having a sale on the 3DS XL black bundled with Mario kart 7 for $179.99 for today only.
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#5
SpoonSports posted...
Fry's Electronics is having a sale on the 3DS XL black bundled with Mario kart 7 for $179.99 for today only.

I live in NY so we have no Fry's Electronics stores (or Cosco's) unfortunatly :(.

User Info: GI_Ti

GI_Ti
4 years ago#6
What firmware does the Mario Kart bundle ship with in North America? Did you have to upgrade the film ware to use the shop?

User Info: AnimeFreakKatie

AnimeFreakKatie
4 years ago#7
This deal is suppose to last till 12/8, so I'm sure even if they run out by the end of today, they'll have a new shipment by the end of the week. I don't know about the styli though. I want a baby Luigi one too.

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#8
GI_Ti posted...
What firmware does the Mario Kart bundle ship with in North America? Did you have to upgrade the film ware to use the shop?

I haven't opened it up yet. i'm not going to until i can get my hands on a Hori screen filter. i'm really paranoid about messing with the screens with no protectors on them lol. knowing Nintendo, and how the regular non-bundled 3DS XL's shipped, it'll have the latest updates and free applications like Swapnote, netflix, etc right out of the box! :).

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#9
AnimeFreakKatie posted...
This deal is suppose to last till 12/8, so I'm sure even if they run out by the end of today, they'll have a new shipment by the end of the week. I don't know about the styli though. I want a baby Luigi one too.

I just found it odd that in the first 20 minutes of opening, on the day of release, three people in a group together would out of nowhere come in and ask for six of them. there only like 7 or 8 of those bundles to begin with... it wasn't even 7:30 yet... i would've been pissed if i was a customer that came in at 10 or so only to be told that three people came in and scooped up the last six.

I immediatly thought "They're scalpers!" lol. also all the unnecessary yelling and heckling they gave the guy when he was calmly trying to tell them "One per guest" was pretty funny. i felt bad for him but still... xD. i hope they do restock though for others. it's a really nice bundle for the money :).

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
4 years ago#10
right after black friday they cut the deal on the 3ds :(. oh well i like mario 3d land more anyway
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For those of you purchasing the LE blue 3DS XL/digital MK7 holiday bundle...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived