Is the Vita starting to surpass the 3ds in games?

#191moogle69Posted 12/4/2012 2:01:58 PM(edited)
Natureboy99 posted...
Broken down by Genre:

sports - Vita has Madden, MLB The Show, Virtua Tennis, and HSG. Both have Fifa. Winner is Vita

fighters - Vita wins easily, common knowledge

platformers - 3DS has NSMB, and M3DL, and Vita has LBPV, Sound Shapes (plus Ratchet and Sly coming early next year). Tie

Racers - 3DS has Mario Kart, Vita has Wipeout, MNR, and NFS. Winner is Vita

Shooters (both first, third person, and arcade): Vita obviously, though 3DS has RE and KI

RPGs - I'm not knowledgable of the genre, having given it up. I know both got em - tie?

Action/Adventure - Same as above. I know both platforms have them. Vita has AC, Uncharted, Tearaway next year. 3Ds has MH, probably new zelda - tie?

Backwards compatibility games - 3DS has the huge DS library, Vita has the PSP library plus the PS1 library. Both have tons of games. -tie

As for the future, yes Vita will surpass 3DS. Sony is getting WAY more PSN budget games. As for retail releases though, I think 3DS will have more in the future.

The bottom line is, both are getting tons of great games. Do your research and get the games most suited to your tastes. Whatever you do do not troll the Vita or 3DS because you cant afford it. Just save up.

this is the most stupid post ever, you just don't compare to what 3DS has or what Vita has, it comes down to quality, originality, and what are the games all about and how good they just are, what you are comparing with is isn't very comparable.

alot of the vita games cannot be compared to 3DS because they are boring compared to fun factor games on 3DS, just because they are in the same genre does not mean they are comparable either, it comes down to what qualities one has over the other and in that 3DS wins again.

alot of the games Vita is getting is enhanced ports of the consoles, which i will admit does give it some advantage but those games i can play on other systems as well, in this case 3DS wins in originality since i can't play some games that i can on 3DS on any other system. not to mention they are great to good games.

this thought of comparing is just childish, especially from one who does not own a 3DS, i can compare most of the Vita games with 3DS even not by owning a Vita coz alot of the Vita titles can be played else where. but then again i can still play Vita because my cousin owns it and we share.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#192moogle69Posted 12/4/2012 2:05:58 PM
Zetathekitsune2 posted...
It's astounding at the people that think P4G is a port
it has so much new stuff it's like an entirely fresh experience
even the old dungeons and scenes have changes

it really doesn't have anything new that changes any experience.

if you compare whats getting done for DQVII in 3DS compared to what been done for P4 in Vita, there is a huge difference. enhanced experience you can get from the 3DS version but not the Vita version.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#193Sir_HaxorPosted 12/4/2012 5:45:53 PM
So Vyers is basing the Main vs Persona on Nintendo fanboyism? Again, was he around during the PS2 days?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#194confettistormPosted 12/4/2012 6:24:43 PM
Kind of like how I'm starting to surpass the world champion in tennis? I play casually once a week.

But.. I'm starting!!!!
#195VyersPosted 12/4/2012 7:27:28 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
So Vyers is basing the Main vs Persona on Nintendo fanboyism? Again, was he around during the PS2 days?

I'm basing my view on Nintendo fans who stopped wanting or liking Persona when the glimmer of hope that it would become something Nintendo completely fizzled out.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#196MetalLokiPosted 12/4/2012 7:36:41 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...

Pretty much.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#197aiumPosted 12/4/2012 8:13:35 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
Broken down by Genre:

sports - Vita HSG lose exclusive to ps3 bomb

fighters - Sf4 sell better than vita fighting bomb

platformers - LBP is bombba in japan sell 5k fight with million seller 3ds

Racers - wipeout studio close bomb,RR vita sell worst than 3DS lol

Shooters Vita had worst cod of the year

RPGs - JRPG with had more future than vuta

Action/Adventure - Uncharted can't sell more than Monster Hunter lol

Backwards compatibility games - . No UMD bc made vita sell worst than psp in Japan bombba

Troll face
#198Rainbro_DashPosted 12/4/2012 8:15:18 PM
aium posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
Broken down by Genre:

sports - Vita HSG lose exclusive to ps3 bomb

fighters - Sf4 sell better than vita fighting bomb

platformers - LBP is bombba in japan sell 5k fight with million seller 3ds

Racers - wipeout studio close bomb,RR vita sell worst than 3DS lol

Shooters Vita had worst cod of the year

RPGs - JRPG with had more future than vuta

Action/Adventure - Uncharted can't sell more than Monster Hunter lol

Backwards compatibility games - . No UMD bc made vita sell worst than psp in Japan bombba

Troll face

Sales don't matter.
---
"All Zombie Guys are pigs, they only like girls for their brains!"
Endgame's alt
#199Sir_HaxorPosted 12/4/2012 8:21:33 PM
Vyers posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

I'm basing my view on Nintendo fans who stopped wanting or liking Persona when the glimmer of hope that it would become something Nintendo completely fizzled out.

But who said the same people wanting a 3DS Persona are the same ones who dislike Persona? The ones who like Persona obviously got Persona4G or whatever it is. Again, Main vs Persona has been going on since PS2. Saying that it's Nintendo fans who are disliking Persona doesn't make sense when you factor every part of the equation.

There was a huge war on the Atlus forums back in May I believe, probably earlier. Are you telling me that it was Nintendo fans arguing about a series that hasn't been focused on Nintendo since the early 90's and only just recently began to receive support?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#200singhellotakuPosted 12/4/2012 9:50:35 PM
Not really the Vita has about 6 good games and the 3ds totally has like...9 though its around 6 if you don't count N64 ports