Is the Vita starting to surpass the 3ds in games?

#201Lelouch71Posted 12/4/2012 9:52:13 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
So Vyers is basing the Main vs Persona on Nintendo fanboyism? Again, was he around during the PS2 days?

Seems like it

This thread has nothing to do with Nintendo fanboyism. It all started because I was the first person to come out and say I don't worship P4 and think the game is overrated by fans. Apparently that translate to being a Nintendo fanboy which is funny because I played P4 on the PS2 back in 09 and I even own P4G. I would say the same thing if it was on the 3DS. It doesn't mean I think it's a bad game. I actually like the game.

Besides I highly doubt P4G was ever considered to be the unannounced Persona title for the 3DS. If it exist I'm certain it's going to be P3D, a spin-off, or even P5. I honestly would be happy if it's a full blown remake of P1 built from the ground up with more modern gameplay.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#202MetalLokiPosted 12/4/2012 10:07:18 PM
Ok good so it wasn't just me getting that from his post.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#203SoYtUjOdOnPosted 12/4/2012 10:09:38 PM
In the long run, 3DS will leave Vita in the dust and never look back. Ever.
#204VyersPosted 12/4/2012 10:51:40 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Ok good so it wasn't just me getting that from his post.

It's just a shame that you can't cop to your fanboyism. It's not wrong to be a fanboy, but it's wrong to not admit it.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#205SkaldskaparmalPosted 12/5/2012 1:55:51 AM
SoYtUjOdOn posted...
In the long run, 3DS will leave Vita in the dust and never look back. Ever.

It already has. It's possible Sony could turn the Vita into another PSP, but they don't seem too interested in doing so, even in Japan.
#206shampoowarriorPosted 12/5/2012 10:12:42 AM
I tried to read through the whole argument but I got bored.

I will say, as a Vita and 3DS owner, that no, the Vita is not even inching up on the 3DS library right now. No matter how good Persona 4 Golden is.

And I will also say that Persona 4, while a great game and possibly the highest quality game out for either console right now, is certainly not the best SMT game and I still believe SMTIV is going to blow it out of the water in everything but graphical fidelity. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy Soul Hackers more than Golden as well, but we'll see. The Persona games are great, but just don't hold a candle to gameplay of the series' dungeon crawlers or the maturity of their stories.

I describe P3 as the best game about the power of friendship that you'll ever play, but it's still a SMT dating sim about the power of friendship at the end of the day.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#207DemonDog666Posted 12/5/2012 10:19:26 AM
Northern_Rose posted...
Why does every one say you need to re-buy PSP games? Seriously all you people saying this how many of you actually own a PSP to start with. Also digital games are account based and can be transferred over. So basically it just means any games you have on UMD and you want to play again, you could buy the digital version off PSN or you could just keep your old PSP and continue to play them. Why do you have to trade in an old system to get a new one?

That's such a lame attack saying you got to re-buy your games. Only the games on UMD and only if you trade in you PSP to get a Vita.

And even then you don't have to rebuy them.

And everyone bashing vita for ports I know you praised the n64 ports on 3DS especially zelda.
#208EmbraceChaosPosted 12/5/2012 11:23:35 AM
How could anyone equate liking the main series more than Persona as Nintendo fanboyism? SMT Nocturne is on the PS2...
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#209n00bsaib0tPosted 12/5/2012 11:27:35 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Northern_Rose posted...
Why does every one say you need to re-buy PSP games? Seriously all you people saying this how many of you actually own a PSP to start with. Also digital games are account based and can be transferred over. So basically it just means any games you have on UMD and you want to play again, you could buy the digital version off PSN or you could just keep your old PSP and continue to play them. Why do you have to trade in an old system to get a new one?

That's such a lame attack saying you got to re-buy your games. Only the games on UMD and only if you trade in you PSP to get a Vita.

And even then you don't have to rebuy them.

And everyone bashing vita for ports I know you praised the n64 ports on 3DS especially zelda.

Are Vita fanboys just illiterate or what? You can't read whats already been said repeatedly? The ports are the best games on the system. THAT is the problem, not that it has ports. When your systems best games can be played elsewhere for a significantly cheaper price than getting the new system plus accessories plus the game (seriously, its an expensive investment to get a Vita) you have a problem. The 3DS has system sellers that aren't ports or multi-console releases, the Vita doesn't. Not yet anyway.

As for the post you quoted, its brought up like that because of backward compatibility. Vita fanboys love to throw the PSP and PS1 backward compatibility argument around when they aren't actually backward compatible, they just play digital titles. If the Vita is backward compatible with PSP and PS1 then 3DS is backward compatible with GB, GBC, GG and NES as well as DS.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#210Whitecat007Posted 12/5/2012 11:46:45 AM
PSN is pretty awesome. Plenty on the store you can buy, idk why that doesn't matter : ?