Is the Vita starting to surpass the 3ds in games?

#211DilliciousPosted 12/5/2012 11:50:21 AM
What n00b said.

Ports are fine, but is a reason for me to buy a new handheld? No.
---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115 Steam:Dillicious
#2122000eramaaxPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:10 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Northern_Rose posted...
Why does every one say you need to re-buy PSP games? Seriously all you people saying this how many of you actually own a PSP to start with. Also digital games are account based and can be transferred over. So basically it just means any games you have on UMD and you want to play again, you could buy the digital version off PSN or you could just keep your old PSP and continue to play them. Why do you have to trade in an old system to get a new one?

That's such a lame attack saying you got to re-buy your games. Only the games on UMD and only if you trade in you PSP to get a Vita.

And even then you don't have to rebuy them.

And everyone bashing vita for ports I know you praised the n64 ports on 3DS especially zelda.

Are Vita fanboys just illiterate or what? You can't read whats already been said repeatedly? The ports are the best games on the system. THAT is the problem, not that it has ports. When your systems best games can be played elsewhere for a significantly cheaper price than getting the new system plus accessories plus the game (seriously, its an expensive investment to get a Vita) you have a problem. The 3DS has system sellers that aren't ports or multi-console releases, the Vita doesn't. Not yet anyway.

As for the post you quoted, its brought up like that because of backward compatibility. Vita fanboys love to throw the PSP and PS1 backward compatibility argument around when they aren't actually backward compatible, they just play digital titles. If the Vita is backward compatible with PSP and PS1 then 3DS is backward compatible with GB, GBC, GG and NES as well as DS.

Actually, the 3DS is actually backward compatible with DS
---
WiiU/3DS Fc: 2363-6674-0779
maniax300/maax300/manax300
#213silenthill4vidPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:47 AM
SoYtUjOdOn posted...
In the long run, 3DS will leave Vita in the dust and never look back. Ever.

yea, vita cant climb over all dat shovelware b0i lol.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#214PsychoWolfXPosted 12/5/2012 11:59:24 AM
Couldn't help but notice that alost all of the games TC mentioned are also avalible on the PS3, which I already own.
Now if most of the must have Wii U games are also on the 3DS (and the only 2 I really care about so far are. MH3 and Smash Bros) That'll be 2 less consoles I have to waste money on =D
#215Whitecat007Posted 12/5/2012 12:01:02 PM(edited)
Dillicious posted...
What n00b said.

Is a port good if I don't have a console but I have a Vita ? Stop with this port hate it really makes no sense, lol, a good game is a good game.
#216MetalLokiPosted 12/5/2012 12:03:56 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
SoYtUjOdOn posted...
In the long run, 3DS will leave Vita in the dust and never look back. Ever.

yea, vita cant climb over all dat shovelware b0i lol.

>_> feel good about that?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#217DilliciousPosted 12/5/2012 12:04:16 PM
Whitecat007 posted...
Dillicious posted...
What n00b said.

Is a port good if I don't have a console but I have a Vita ? Stop with this port hate it really makes no sense, lol, a good game is a good game.

I said ports are fine.

And yeah, if you don't own the console, then the vita is probably awesome to you.
---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115 Steam:Dillicious
#218DemonDog666Posted 12/5/2012 12:06:09 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Are Vita fanboys just illiterate or what? You can't read whats already been said repeatedly? The ports are the best games on the system. THAT is the problem, not that it has ports. When your systems best games can be played elsewhere for a significantly cheaper price than getting the new system plus accessories plus the game (seriously, its an expensive investment to get a Vita) you have a problem. The 3DS has system sellers that aren't ports or multi-console releases, the Vita doesn't. Not yet anyway.

As for the post you quoted, its brought up like that because of backward compatibility. Vita fanboys love to throw the PSP and PS1 backward compatibility argument around when they aren't actually backward compatible, they just play digital titles. If the Vita is backward compatible with PSP and PS1 then 3DS is backward compatible with GB, GBC, GG and NES as well as DS.

Um zelda 64 is the best game on 3DS.... and ps3 games are more expensive then vita games. They are backwards compatible, because psp and ps3 played the same digital versions you can plya on vita, if you bought them on psp or ps3 you can play them on vita, unlike Nintendo digital versions, you can't play copies you previously bought.

and fyi I'm not a fanboy, I go where the best games are and between vita and 3DS that's vita.
#219Shiny-LitwickPosted 12/5/2012 12:14:27 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

Um zelda 64 is the best game on 3DS.... and ps3 games are more expensive then vita games. They are backwards compatible, because psp and ps3 played the same digital versions you can plya on vita, if you bought them on psp or ps3 you can play them on vita, unlike Nintendo digital versions, you can't play copies you previously bought.

and fyi I'm not a fanboy, I go where the best games are and between vita and 3DS that's vita.

Oh so you go where the best games are...
No wonder you're on the 3DS board. :p
---
1/8192 chance of spotting me. Pokemon White2 FC: 3869 5834 9603
Official ChocolateChipCookie Dough of the IDF
#220kdiz4321Posted 12/5/2012 12:15:06 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

I'm not on either side but I still have to laugh at this statement. I wonder if you really believe it or are you just trying to convince someone who might be new to these boards.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.