Question about Pokemon games.

#1bsballa09Posted 12/2/2012 4:59:01 PM
So I can get any Pokemon games, not saying how though because I'd get modded. But I've only ever played Pokemon for the original Gameboy (shocker, I know).

Which of these ones should I play? I don't really feel like playing through every one unless they're some how totally different that they deserve their own playthroughs. I don't really know the differences. When I played Pokemon, Blue, Red, Yellow, etc were basically the same games.

Out of these which should I play:

Gold, Silver and Crystal

Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen, FireRed, Emerald.

Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold, SoulSilver.

Black, White, Black 2, White 2.

Now if any of those has all the previous Pokemon of that generation, just tell me. For instance, Black 2 has all the same Pokemon as Black 1, plus more, so I'd just play that instead.

Thanks.
---
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
#2GenoPosted 12/2/2012 5:04:39 PM
Crystal, Emerald, Leaf Green/Fire Red (doesn't really matter which), Platinum (it's the third game for Diamond/Pearl), Heart Gold/Soul Silver (pick which you like more, Lugia or Ho-Oh), then play either Black or White, then either Black 2 or White 2. There's really no differences, as they're relatively minor in the grand scheme of things and the whole 'Pokemon you can't find will be in the other version!' thing is moot point with Wi-Fi.

Having said that, all the games function similarly. You start out, there's a problem to solve in the middle/end, then Elite Four and whatever slight end-game content there might be. Emerald, I felt, had the best end game content, but the recent stuff (like B2W2's Pokemon World Tournament) hits pretty close to that mark.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#31upsuperPosted 12/2/2012 5:06:15 PM
Buy Crystal; Emerald; FR/RG; Platinum, HG/SS; B/W; B/W2.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#4bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 5:07:15 PM
Are Lugia and Ho-Oh two different stories?
---
#5DEKMStephensPosted 12/2/2012 5:09:34 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Are Lugia and Ho-Oh two different stories?

No, their levels just change between games
---
The official nothing of nothing at the moment.
Return Moe! D:<
#6QuantumWolfPosted 12/2/2012 5:15:55 PM
Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are the must gets by virtue of being the 3rd version. 3rd version is more often than not the more complete one of the lot.

Fire Red/Leaf Green, HeartGold/Soul Silver though...that's your preference. For Black/White, either one is your preference too, but you must get the sequel game. So...

If you get Black, get Black 2.
If you get White, get White 2.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3740-3024-4512
#7bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 5:22:24 PM
Ok, so I'll play Cyrstal, Emerald, Platinum, FireRed, HeartGold, Black 1 and 2. All the stories are the same for their respective generation right? Just different Pokemon?
---
#8QuantumWolfPosted 12/2/2012 5:38:33 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Ok, so I'll play Cyrstal, Emerald, Platinum, FireRed, HeartGold, Black 1 and 2. All the stories are the same for their respective generation right? Just different Pokemon?

Stories as in "Stop evil gang, conquer gyms, defeat Elite Four"? Pretty much yeah.

Different aspects and new gameplay elements are present tough.

Crystal: Introduced (primitive) Item hold system; items that can raise type attacks or provide healing during the battle. Split the Special stat in R/B/Y into SP Attack and SP Defense. Introduced Dark and Steel types. Also gives you option to choose female trainer. Introduced Pokemon genders. Introduces Pokemon breeding.

Emerald: Further refined item system. Introduced "Abilities" that grant Pokemon something extra (For example, your grass type starter has the ability Overgrow, that doubles it's attack power when it's health is in the red).

Fire Red is essentially the remake of Red/Blue/Yellow, but it has the gameplay elements introduced in Emerald as well as additional areas to explore, as well as the new Pokemon introduced at the time this was released. They are available after you beat the Elite Four

Platinum changed up science of the attacks by dividing them into physical attacks and projectile attacks. Damage calculation takes into account the type, physical/projectile, and the Attack, Defense, Sp Attack and Sp Defense stats of Pokemon.

Heart Gold is the remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal, but with the gameplay elements added in Platinum and all the new Pokemon introduced at the time.

Black...I'm not entirely sure actually. But Black 2 is the first true sequel to a Pokemon game.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3740-3024-4512
#9tw1g_007Posted 12/2/2012 5:40:24 PM
bsballa09 posted...

I like how this guy says he will just play all those games in order lol. Uh no. Unless you want to suffer extreme burn out from playing Pokemon and refuse to do so for months.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#10bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 5:51:28 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
bsballa09 posted...

I like how this guy says he will just play all those games in order lol. Uh no. Unless you want to suffer extreme burn out from playing Pokemon and refuse to do so for months.

Didn't say I was going to do it all in one sitting.
---