Transferring to 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart

#1ResidentECVXPosted 12/2/2012 6:22:53 PM
I know transferring the data and ambassador status from my old 3DS to the XL will probably delete Mario Kart also. But is there any way I can redownload it?
---
My Video Games - http://users.ign.com/collection/ResidentECVX?objType=1
"If The Suspense Doesn't Kill You, Something Else Will!" - Resident Evil 2
#2PlCCOLOPosted 12/2/2012 6:24:06 PM
yes, i transferred. said to keep existing data on XL (didn't seem to do anything).

but i could redownload mk7 free of charge from the e-shop. could also download everything else i downloaded from e-shop after i transferred.
---
Ya'll know what this is.
SSBB FC: 2105-8332-5674
#3PlCCOLOPosted 12/2/2012 6:46:00 PM
lmk how your process went and what you did.
---
Ya'll know what this is.
#4PlCCOLOPosted 12/2/2012 8:06:29 PM
DUDE WTF ANSWER ME BRO
---
Ya'll know what this is.
#5ResidentECVX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:32:18 PM
Sorry was eating, anyways I redownloaded it no problems. Thanks a lot.
---
#6PlCCOLOPosted 12/2/2012 9:47:49 PM
did you say keep the data on the XL card?
---
Ya'll know what this is.
#7ResidentECVX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 10:20:18 PM
Only the license transferred over. I had to redownload everything.
---
#890sRetroGamingPosted 12/2/2012 10:26:04 PM(edited)
PlCCOLO posted...

When you perform a system transfer you're combining everything on the source system AND everything on the target into one (source system overrides ANY duplicates of the same software on the target one), INCLUDING both eShop accounts (which you do NOT delete under any circumstances).

The system transfer WILL delete MK7 on the target system but afterwards you WILL be able to re-download it FOR FREE from the eShop on the target system (again since eShop accounts are combined into one now).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#9PlCCOLOPosted 12/2/2012 11:48:20 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
PlCCOLO posted...

When you perform a system transfer you're combining everything on the source system AND everything on the target into one (source system overrides ANY duplicates of the same software on the target one), INCLUDING both eShop accounts (which you do NOT delete under any circumstances).

The system transfer WILL delete MK7 on the target system but afterwards you WILL be able to re-download it FOR FREE from the eShop on the target system (again since eShop accounts are combined into one now).

but bra, i already deleted my e-shop account on my old DS after transferring. things seem fine.
---
Ya'll know what this is.
#1090sRetroGamingPosted 12/3/2012 5:15:22 AM
PlCCOLO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
PlCCOLO posted...

but bra, i already deleted my e-shop account on my old DS after transferring. things seem fine.

If you did the transfer successfully the source 3DS (your old one) should have been wiped clean and reset back to factory settings. unless i'm missing something here. doesn't matter..as long as you have everything that you had on your old 3DS + the digital version MK7 on your XL is all that matters here! lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com