3DS has outsold Gamecube

#31Lelouch71Posted 12/3/2012 8:33:42 PM
I love the PS2. I just love the PS1 a tad bit more when it comes to jrpgs though. I enjoyed my Gamecube though. It was a good secondary system. I had a lot fun with the system thanks to Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, and Baten Kaitos.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#32n00bsaib0tPosted 12/3/2012 8:36:03 PM
I love this board. Talking about the Vita and quality games ports don't count. What counts as a quality Game Cube title? Skies of Arcadia, a Dreamcast game. Fanboys. Fanboys everywhere.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#33Lizuka8002Posted 12/4/2012 6:11:35 AM
WRRYYYYers posted...
The gamecube was a colossal failure of a console and really is irrelevant. It was so criminally worse than the PS2 it was not even funny.

I'm really torn between the two of them. Hardware-wise other than when it came to disc space the Gamecube was easily the better of the two, but the library... PS2 has one of the best libraries ever with probably hundreds of games worth checking out, while the Gamecube doesn't quite have the same selection. What it does have though are a good few of my favorite games ever, so... Yeah, I love them both.
#34DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/4/2012 6:14:36 AM
Lizuka8002 posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...
The gamecube was a colossal failure of a console and really is irrelevant. It was so criminally worse than the PS2 it was not even funny.

I'm really torn between the two of them. Hardware-wise other than when it came to disc space the Gamecube was easily the better of the two, but the library... PS2 has one of the best libraries ever with probably hundreds of games worth checking out, while the Gamecube doesn't quite have the same selection. What it does have though are a good few of my favorite games ever, so... Yeah, I love them both.

I dunno man, The ps2 had some pretty good graphics near the end of it's days. Look at FF12.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#35IHeartMetroidPosted 12/4/2012 6:39:11 AM
The GameCube had fewer games than the PS2, but Nintendo made sure had some of the BEST first, second and third party games of the gen, so it was still a great second console purchase. Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Bros. Melee, The two Metroid Primes, Twin Snakes, the two REmakes, Second Sight, Zelda Collectors Edition, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Zelda Four Swords, StarFox Assault... I loved these games on the Cube, and I still do on my BC Wii. Add to that a WaveBird and the GBA Player and you had a bundle of fun! I loved my PS2 as well- standouts like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, FFX and FFXII, MGS2 and 3, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Silent Hill 2 and 3... I could go on and on and on and list bunches of games...

But what I guess I am getting at is that the PS2/GameCube generation was one of the finest times to be a gamer ever.

Unless you only had an XBox. Then you had what, Halo and Doom 3? And some sports games or whatnot. God, that console SUCKED. For the life of me I can't think of a single worthwhile classic on it, and I own a 360.
#36DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/4/2012 6:49:12 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
The GameCube had fewer games than the PS2, but Nintendo made sure had some of the BEST first, second and third party games of the gen, so it was still a great second console purchase. Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Bros. Melee, The two Metroid Primes, Twin Snakes, the two REmakes, Second Sight, Zelda Collectors Edition, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Zelda Four Swords, StarFox Assault... I loved these games on the Cube, and I still do on my BC Wii. Add to that a WaveBird and the GBA Player and you had a bundle of fun! I loved my PS2 as well- standouts like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, FFX and FFXII, MGS2 and 3, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Silent Hill 2 and 3... I could go on and on and on and list bunches of games...

But what I guess I am getting at is that the PS2/GameCube generation was one of the finest times to be a gamer ever.

Unless you only had an XBox. Then you had what, Halo and Doom 3? And some sports games or whatnot. God, that console SUCKED. For the life of me I can't think of a single worthwhile classic on it, and I own a 360.

The ps2/gamecube era was indeed worth reminiscing. Better times when fanboys were less prominent and each console had a bunch of good games.

I also had an x-box and the only thing I could compare it to today would be the vita.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#37MrSpacelySlatePosted 12/4/2012 8:57:17 AM
And yet the Gamecube's library is still much better.
#38Mewtwo_soulPosted 12/4/2012 9:26:11 AM
WRRYYYYers posted...

Wrong.

The GCN was more powerful than the PS2, however the PS2 had the overall better library.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.