The 3DS has pretty good graphics...

#112000eramaax(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:24:53 AM
Argh4430 posted...

Yes, it can do good graphics, but it is a long ways off from what the Ps3/360 can do. It is closer to the Wii it power and performance than to those two. That said, it can at least match, if not exceed the Wii in polygon pushing, and pretty much crushes it in all other effects.

But when compared to the HD twins, there is very little comparison. By the end of it's life cycle, we might see games that, from a visual standpoint, that look about as good as 2006-2007 Ps3 games, but they will take a lot of trickery and shortcuts to make them 'appear' to look that good. On a technical level, they won't come all that close. For that matter, I don't even think the Vita will even equal the best 360/Ps3 games on a tech level, but it will come much closer than the 3DS.

Ps3/360>>PsVita>>>3DS>>Wii>Xbox.

Sounds about right,if Nintendo allowed developers to disable multitask I think it will be able to push more polygons :/.
---
WiiU/3DS Fc: 2363-6674-0779
maniax300/maax300/manax300
#12Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 12/4/2012 9:07:07 PM
2000eramaax posted...
Argh4430 posted...

Yes, it can do good graphics, but it is a long ways off from what the Ps3/360 can do. It is closer to the Wii it power and performance than to those two. That said, it can at least match, if not exceed the Wii in polygon pushing, and pretty much crushes it in all other effects.

But when compared to the HD twins, there is very little comparison. By the end of it's life cycle, we might see games that, from a visual standpoint, that look about as good as 2006-2007 Ps3 games, but they will take a lot of trickery and shortcuts to make them 'appear' to look that good. On a technical level, they won't come all that close. For that matter, I don't even think the Vita will even equal the best 360/Ps3 games on a tech level, but it will come much closer than the 3DS.

Ps3/360>>PsVita>>>3DS>>Wii>Xbox.

Sounds about right,if Nintendo allowed developers to disable multitask I think it will be able to push more polygons :/.

Actually that would probably impact CPU performance a lot more. Better physics, improved A.I., more objects in screen etc.

Not to say there would be no performance gains on the GPU side, but the CPU would almost definitely benefit more. Right now I believe devs can only access one CPU core fully, with 75% of the second still locked. Or something to that effect.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#13Stink_ApePosted 12/4/2012 10:12:41 PM
It has been officially said it can produce graphics close to Ps3 and 360

what, LOL. no.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1mQDO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0HcWR.jpg