Is Metroid other M as good as SM: Sunshine?

#111VyersPosted 12/4/2012 5:54:58 AM
Reminds me of when my niece put a ham sandwich in her VCR.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#112IHeartMetroidPosted 12/4/2012 5:57:13 AM
In any case- Skyward Sword was OK... it didn't hold my interest like Twilight Princess or Wind Waker though; the linearity and needing a sidequest guide (I hate games that require a guide) kinda killed a little of the fun for me. It was better than Spirit Tracks, but that's not saying much.
#113djrudenPosted 12/4/2012 5:58:22 AM
I liked Other M quite a bit. Only Metroids that I don't find as good are the early ones since the difficulty is so amped up and I've been spoiled with modern games. I just hate spending an hour refilling my life bar after a death.
#114LOLRIFANPosted 12/4/2012 6:05:37 AM
1. WW and SS are good zelda games (SS is my fave zelda and ive been playing zelda since before you were born i bet)
i'm 28 so that's literally impossible

2. they are not spin offs they are main installments MM is more of a spin off and even its not really a spin off
they are there adding elements that don't belong in the series.
which wouldn't be so bad except walking/run/epona offer you more freedom of movement[meaning your not anchored to your method of travel and can decide to exit it without worrying you'll drown ir fall to your death] and slower plus ww and ss have REALLY empty worlds true tp may have had an empty world but you could go anywhere in it by walking running or epona.

in windwaker you try to exit the boat unless your right next to island you'll drown meaning you can only really go to 12 points on the map...

majora's mask may have had some annoying gimmicks but for the most part they didn't hurt the exploration element

the three day cycle didn't because you basically can reset it at any time. the save system kinda did but ss uses a worse save system[only save at statutes no way to warp directly to them]

and motion controls should've been fixed before focusing an entire game on them

3. stay on topic this is about metroid you want to debate zelda make a zelda topic

It's revelent because this topic discussing drastic changes thst don't fit the series

it just seemed ironic he hates change in one series but prefers it in another.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#115AceMosPosted 12/4/2012 6:09:12 AM
SS and WW still PLAY like a zelda game and still have a zelda story
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#116SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 6:20:43 AM
AceMos posted...
SS and WW still PLAY like a zelda game and still have a zelda story

this is not a valid difference
1.if that's true then they failed at doing something new

2.if i released a zelda clone with a zelda like story but set it space would it be zelda? no so why should it matter if it's CALLED zelda and has the story elements.
it doesn't play like zelda it's not zelda no matter what it's called.

this is a case of literally genre changing sea travel air travel are not the same as horseback...

and if WE HAD to have a game with sea travel and air travel why not make it so we can choose which one we use like the ff series or dragon quest or tales.

just because you have a fast vechile doesn't mean you don't want to take detours sometimes and walk on foot.

think of it like this would you want a zelda game with LITERALLY no land?
i'm not against sea travel but it shouldn't have been the focus of the entire game.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#117unnamedFerPosted 12/4/2012 9:28:59 AM
At least its not as crappy as TP where you get the horse almost as the same time as the warps.
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#118Tempest717Posted 12/4/2012 9:34:01 AM
ITT: People failed at defending Other M so they attack other series
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#119SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 4:04:23 PM
unnamedFer posted...
At least its not as crappy as TP where you get the horse almost as the same time as the warps.

way to lie,you can use epona anytime as long as your not entering a curtain of the twilight realm and after you get pasted the three curtains you can use her nearly everywhere.

the difference is you aren't FORCED to use her 90% of the game. in fact i can only think of three times in the entire game were your forced to use her.

1.goat hearding
2.fence jumping
3.the final boss

that's a far cry from never being able to leave your method of travel anywere except 12 spots.

The gameplay is far more important then the story,even your precious god miyamoto would agree with me here.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.