Recommend me a good 3ds game for my 8 year old

#1aj99nyPosted 12/3/2012 3:07:03 PM
One of my family members want to get my son a 3ds or ds game for Christmas. What are some of the favorites on here. Was thinking about telling them to get pokemon white or black version2, he hasnt played any pokemon games before but think he might like them.
He has all the mario games eg. new mario, mario land 3ds.
Help me out here 3ds games preferred 1st but DS as well.
---
xbox gamertag aj99ny
#2DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/3/2012 3:08:34 PM
Adventure time.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#3Gam3r777Posted 12/3/2012 3:08:48 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising. Good kid friendly game and the multiplayer is good too.
#4Koi_TenchiPosted 12/3/2012 3:13:27 PM(edited)
If he's a big Pokemon fan, Pokemon Rumble Blast is not too bad either honestly. I'm sure you'll get mixed opinions about it, but I had fun with it.

Edit: I misread the OP... I thought you said he was already familiar with Pokemon and a fan.

That being said, I might still suggest Rumble Blast, especially if he does get into the series in general. The game doesn't really involve much reading, which I'm not sure whether or not would be an issue if it did.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#5DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/3/2012 3:17:54 PM(edited)
It also depends on your kid and how much he likes games. When I was that age I already beat a bunch of megaman games and a bunch of final fantasy games.

He's also young enough to where he's still exploring game genres so it's not like you should get your feelings hurt if he gets a few that he doesn't really like. It's all part of the experience up until about 11 or 12 I would say.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#6vectorman5Posted 12/3/2012 3:30:23 PM
Does he like adventure time? If not, show him season 1. Then buy the game.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.