Nintendo and The Pokemon Company were extremely lucky.

#1KaiserLeoPosted 12/3/2012 7:41:52 PM
Had Novarama tested and known how annoying some things they asked you to do were, were better at monster design, game design and music, along with Sony actually having a Marketing Department, let alone using it for one of their games, inVizimals could have easily been a really strong and serious contender to Pokemon's crown as the leading Mon series. Though I do wonder with Spyro, sorry, 'Skylanders' lack of decent monster design, whether or not the inVizimals monster designs mattered at all.

Augmented Reality before it was big was pretty darn cool and still tops the Sprites, as does the somewhat realistic treatment of the monsters, instead of 'God mons, except it,', just needed some tweeks and Sony to actually try. Could have forced GameFreak's hand into making something great.
---
I hate thongs, both kinds.
#2LightHawKnightPosted 12/3/2012 7:43:07 PM
ROFL! You do realize that Digimon and SMT exist right?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#3Second_ChancesPosted 12/3/2012 7:44:35 PM
What is momentum
#4KaiserLeo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:44:44 PM
LightHawKnight posted...

You do realise they're irrelevant, right?

Digimon hasn't seen a complete Western release(No PAL releases) for yonks, that and it isn;t 2003 anymore. SMT is as obscure as you can get outside Japan.
---
#5LightHawKnightPosted 12/3/2012 7:47:36 PM
KaiserLeo posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Digimon hasn't seen a complete Western release(No PAL releases) for yonks, that and it isn;t 2003 anymore. SMT is as obscure as you can get outside Japan.

What is your point? Something else totally random is going to do better?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 12/3/2012 7:48:54 PM
KaiserLeo posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

I think someone's arguing the "what if" machine. Had Pokemon not been so successful, Digimon would have indeed took it's place becoming the new Pokemon so to speak. In such a case the competition would be between Digimon and said series.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#7OtherSuperPhilPosted 12/3/2012 8:10:01 PM
Second_Chances posted...
What is momentum

A Sony PR buzz word.
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#8KaiserLeo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:11:01 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
KaiserLeo posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

What is your point? Something else totally random is going to do better?

inVizimals did do well enough in EU to get two sequels, does something that the rest haven't and is owned by a console manufacturer.
---
#9PerascaminPosted 12/3/2012 8:22:10 PM
In this world, being lucky is a way to discredit the popularity of anything.

Wonderful argument, TC.
---
This dance of mine burns with conviction! Its graceful steps grant swift exit from the stage! THE POWER TO REPEL ALL EVIL IS IN MY GRASP!!!
#10kakashik99992Posted 12/3/2012 8:34:36 PM
Wow such compelling and convincing argument you are a true scholar sir