First time 3DS owner, could someone recommend me some games

#1ShademanDSPosted 12/3/2012 10:28:51 PM
I just picked up the Red 3DS with Super Mario Land 3D pre-installed in preparation for a New Pokemon game, and was wondering if there's anything else I could pick up for this system? I was thinking Tales of the Abyss and Kid Icarus
---
Won't change this until Megaman.EXE and Lan come back for one more game: started 5/21/09
#2OjamaJoePosted 12/3/2012 10:45:00 PM
Yeah kid icarus is pretty worthwhile as long as if you're fine with the controls.

Thats all I can say atm. Only own 2
---
3DS FC: 0345-0569-3972
#3OtherSuperPhilPosted 12/3/2012 11:03:30 PM
If you like puzzle-adventure games, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is pretty awesome.

Also, Mario Kart 7 is quite fun, and the online community is still kickin'.

Then there's Resident Evil: Revelations, which is great survival-horror.

If you like the Final Fantasy series or rhythm games, then Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is an apt choice.

Finally, New Super Mario Bros. 2 has a lot of creative level design. It's better than the DS game, but not as good as Wii or U.
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#4LinkMaster2703Posted 12/3/2012 11:07:09 PM
OtherSuperPhil posted...
If you like puzzle-adventure games, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is pretty awesome.

Also, Mario Kart 7 is quite fun, and the online community is still kickin'.

Then there's Resident Evil: Revelations, which is great survival-horror.

If you like the Final Fantasy series or rhythm games, then Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is an apt choice.

Finally, New Super Mario Bros. 2 has a lot of creative level design. It's better than the DS game, but not as good as Wii or U.

All of these plus Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D would be my recommendations.
---
Currently Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS), Nintendo Land (Wii U), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#5OtherSuperPhilPosted 12/3/2012 11:13:47 PM
Yep, left those out too. Thanks!
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#6SuzuTitorPosted 12/3/2012 11:16:50 PM
Along with the list above, there are also great eShop titles available too. Pushmo and Denpa Men are both titles I've really enjoyed.
---
3DS FC - 0688-6401-1227
#7taosapaoPosted 12/3/2012 11:24:40 PM
Ace Combat 3D is quality title if you love arcade flight sim genre.^_^

And Shinobi 3D is also another great game which is quite challenging but very rewarding when you finish the game.^_^
#8Wiiplayer111Posted 12/3/2012 11:29:16 PM
Mario Kart 7
NSMB2
Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil Revelations
Kid Icarus
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Adventure Time HIKWDYSOG
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#9ShademanDS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:30:25 PM
OtherSuperPhil posted...

I did not know there was a Professor Layton Game on the 3DS, the Crossover with Phoenix Wright didn't happen yet right?
---
Won't change this until Megaman.EXE and Lan come back for one more game: started 5/21/09