First time 3DS owner, could someone recommend me some games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. First time 3DS owner, could someone recommend me some games

User Info: ShademanDS

ShademanDS
4 years ago#1
I just picked up the Red 3DS with Super Mario Land 3D pre-installed in preparation for a New Pokemon game, and was wondering if there's anything else I could pick up for this system? I was thinking Tales of the Abyss and Kid Icarus
Won't change this until Megaman.EXE and Lan come back for one more game: started 5/21/09

User Info: OjamaJoe

OjamaJoe
4 years ago#2
Yeah kid icarus is pretty worthwhile as long as if you're fine with the controls.

Thats all I can say atm. Only own 2
3DS FC: 0345-0569-3972

User Info: OtherSuperPhil

OtherSuperPhil
4 years ago#3
If you like puzzle-adventure games, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is pretty awesome.

Also, Mario Kart 7 is quite fun, and the online community is still kickin'.

Then there's Resident Evil: Revelations, which is great survival-horror.

If you like the Final Fantasy series or rhythm games, then Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is an apt choice.

Finally, New Super Mario Bros. 2 has a lot of creative level design. It's better than the DS game, but not as good as Wii or U.
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com

User Info: LinkMaster2703

LinkMaster2703
4 years ago#4
OtherSuperPhil posted...
If you like puzzle-adventure games, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is pretty awesome.

Also, Mario Kart 7 is quite fun, and the online community is still kickin'.

Then there's Resident Evil: Revelations, which is great survival-horror.

If you like the Final Fantasy series or rhythm games, then Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is an apt choice.

Finally, New Super Mario Bros. 2 has a lot of creative level design. It's better than the DS game, but not as good as Wii or U.

All of these plus Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D would be my recommendations.
Currently Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS), Nintendo Land (Wii U), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke

User Info: OtherSuperPhil

OtherSuperPhil
4 years ago#5
Yep, left those out too. Thanks!
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com

User Info: SuzuTitor

SuzuTitor
4 years ago#6
Along with the list above, there are also great eShop titles available too. Pushmo and Denpa Men are both titles I've really enjoyed.
3DS FC - 0688-6401-1227

User Info: taosapao

taosapao
4 years ago#7
Ace Combat 3D is quality title if you love arcade flight sim genre.^_^

And Shinobi 3D is also another great game which is quite challenging but very rewarding when you finish the game.^_^

User Info: Wiiplayer111

Wiiplayer111
4 years ago#8
Mario Kart 7
NSMB2
Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil Revelations
Kid Icarus
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Adventure Time HIKWDYSOG
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com

User Info: ShademanDS

ShademanDS
4 years ago#9
OtherSuperPhil posted...

I did not know there was a Professor Layton Game on the 3DS, the Crossover with Phoenix Wright didn't happen yet right?
Won't change this until Megaman.EXE and Lan come back for one more game: started 5/21/09
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. First time 3DS owner, could someone recommend me some games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived