What's the most disappointing 3DS game you own?

#141AkagehisaPosted 12/5/2012 2:31:04 PM
The games that I regret having bought are:

DoA dimensions,,, me and my GF bought the 3ds at the same time, she loves fighting games, DoA, SC,, so we bought 2 copies of DoA D with our 3Ds hoping to play tag matches on the go, Epic Fail,,, you can't control 2 character on tag mode,,, plus, the game is way to short and has ugly dreamcast graphics.

Mario 3Dland,,, is way too short, and easy,,, it looks beautiful on the 3ds but I finished it in a couple of days,, and the extra world is not that different from the normal world. (i finished it too) I just hate having to pay full price for short games. (and I bought the game a couple of months ago)

Kid Icarus,,, Im not enjoying the control,, for a 3rd perspective adventure game is terrible,, the platforming parts can be really anoying and should have been amazing with another control layout.

I also don't like how repetitive it is,, you start a mission, you fly,, then after 5 mins. the flying part ends,, you land and start shoting again until you meet the level boss, you beat it then, repeat.

The best game I've bought is RE:R by far,,
#142JC_JensonPosted 12/5/2012 3:19:05 PM
Splinter cell. It could have been so much better.
#143AtmosOmegaPosted 12/5/2012 3:33:03 PM
Akagehisa posted...

Kid Icarus,,, Im not enjoying the control,, for a 3rd perspective adventure game is terrible,, the platforming parts can be really anoying and should have been amazing with another control layout.

^That. The 3DS possesses crippled controls for games in that style.
Most platformers can get away with it because they don't require the player to manage both shooting and moving in a 3D environment.

Nintendo tried it once before with Metroid Prime: Hunters, or as I like to call it: "ThumbBane"

This is one major area where the Vita has an advantage, and if you're designing a portable for the current market, PLEASE ensure you will at least have two analog sticks and 2 shoulder buttons (ideally, 4, or 2 real shoulder buttons and two back buttons)

There's a reason 3D games work best when not just using face-buttons; it utilizes more than two of the player's fingers for complex actions.
---
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.
#144Mariofan15Posted 12/5/2012 3:49:57 PM
Mario Tennis Open. Simply for how broken Mii's are online and how cheap the Chance Shots can be. And for having horrible unlockable characters.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#145Spidey98Posted 12/5/2012 3:51:32 PM
Probably LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7. Its not a bad game by any means, its just soooo watered down from tne console versions.
---
I'm a serious 3DS addict. Its like a drug to me.