What's the most disappointing 3DS game you own?

#31Whitecat007Posted 12/4/2012 2:34:03 AM
I love the honesty in this topic : )
#32TehTrumpCardPosted 12/4/2012 2:38:13 AM
Code of Princess.

Game is extremely fun. The controls are nice, the main characters have solid/diverse attacks even if some are more lacking in range than others. The RPG elements really work well with this game. The story has a lot of bad jokes which adds charm and the main game except for one distinct part is relatively fair/balanced (the entire tower segment - the journey to the tower and the fights within the tower.)

Then you get to the online multiplayer...

The versus mode is required to 100% the game. The biggest turn off right there. You need to reach rank 1 online in vs. in order to officially have every item in-game. For what reason? At least if you could reach rank one with the Ultimate Mode (Your character's build/levels/stats) it would be fun since sometimes people spam moves to secure the win.

When it comes to co-op so many of the good characters are anti co-op it's ridiculous. Not to mention a lot of the missions only become easy/fair on their harder difficulties when you have 3-4 Lv.70+ characters, assuming no one leaves the lobby while you attempt to get more players.

I would enjoyed it a lot more if the multiplayer wasn't so omni-present in this game, a real killjoy for what would've been a spectacular Atlus game. It isn't a bad game by video game standards. But compared to the quality games Atlus (regardless of if they developed it or published it) usually cranks out, this is right up there with Trine 2 with being their worst games.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#33MinamoPosted 12/4/2012 2:46:56 AM(edited)
Most disappointing that I actually own would be Pilotwings Resort by a longshot.

Rented KI:U - Garbage controls (good story/voiceacting)
Rented Code of Princess: Garbage gameplay (Zozo was awesome)
Rented Paper Mario: Garbage everything (Shine on stickers on bottom screen is neat)
Rented SM3DL: Too short, would have been fantastic had it been longer and more challenging
Rented NSMB2: Same as every other NSMB game, but with awful music. Boring.

Had hopes that those would be good games.
#34F150IIPosted 12/4/2012 2:41:27 AM
Kid Icarus. While I'll admit it is a GOOD game, it was not the masterpiece people hyped it up to be.
---
@TechnicalColor - posting everyday
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDoublePlayGuys/featured - creators of the double play
#35Emperor_mateusPosted 12/4/2012 2:55:40 AM
Star fox 64 3ds

Not because its a bad game. Its still great, but I played it so much on the nintendo 64 that still knew exactly what was going to happen trough the entire game.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#36YoungGganonPosted 12/4/2012 2:56:20 AM
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. The story for that series has been pretty okay lately but it just got bananas in this game. The gameplay was fun but the story was a mess.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#37NathanisDrakePosted 12/4/2012 2:57:55 AM
Whitecat007 posted...
I love the honesty in this topic : )

Hey kid, don't you have a VIta to pway with?
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
Vita PSN : NateisD
#38NitharadPosted 12/4/2012 3:00:46 AM
I only own three 3DS games and I'm disappointed by all of them for different reasons.

Street Fighter 3DS was my launch title and was the only game I could even manage to care about because I played Street Fighter way back on the SNES. That being said, the Fighter-genre just isn't my cup of tea, the game is beautiful but so boring to me.

Zelda OoT 3DS ... it's just Zelda OoT, I've played this game countless times now and it really gets boring and annoying. It's a great game yeah, even a historical masterpiece, but it's overhyped and overused.

Mario Land 3DS ... this game was pretty boring because it played everything too safe. There's absolutely nothing new here, it's pretty much just another Mario game. The first half was far too easy and the second half, while more challenging, was just more of the same.

So far the 3DS has been a big disappointment for me.
#39NathanisDrakePosted 12/4/2012 3:02:32 AM
Nitharad posted...
I only own three 3DS games and I'm disappointed by all of them for different reasons.

Street Fighter 3DS was my launch title and was the only game I could even manage to care about because I played Street Fighter way back on the SNES. That being said, the Fighter-genre just isn't my cup of tea, the game is beautiful but so boring to me.

Zelda OoT 3DS ... it's just Zelda OoT, I've played this game countless times now and it really gets boring and annoying. It's a great game yeah, even a historical masterpiece, but it's overhyped and overused.

Mario Land 3DS ... this game was pretty boring because it played everything too safe. There's absolutely nothing new here, it's pretty much just another Mario game. The first half was far too easy and the second half, while more challenging, was just more of the same.

So far the 3DS has been a big disappointment for me.

MERMAIDMAN SAYS: Buy More Games!
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
Vita PSN : NateisD
#40DeathSoul2000Posted 12/4/2012 3:45:18 AM
mario kart 7 - just a horribly rushed, godawful abomination of mario kart game.