What's the most disappointing 3DS game you own?

#51RRDarkenPosted 12/4/2012 5:46:02 AM(edited)
Big_Isaac posted...
tales of the abyss

not the worst game ever made by any means, but there's a number of annoying things that completely killed my enjoyment. the unlikable douchebag protagonist who becomes a cardboard cut-out the moment he changes, the obscure and misable side quests, the downright awful cinematography in the cutscenes, etc

Yes.

I played it on a flight and it kept me busy enough, but I haven't touched it since then. It's been sitting in the case, ready for trade in, for months.

Oh, actually, maybe Kid Icarus Uprising, too. The controls made it almost unplayable for me. I don't know why they couldn't use a more traditional control scheme...
#52iMURDAuPosted 12/4/2012 6:08:11 AM
I don't own many but its got to be Lets Golf 3D. Its like a half baked Hot Shots.
---
"Either way's good with me. But I wonder what Zanza would say about it."
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#53Dartpaw86Posted 12/4/2012 6:15:18 AM(edited)
RRDarken posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
tales of the abyss

not the worst game ever made by any means, but there's a number of annoying things that completely killed my enjoyment. the unlikable douchebag protagonist who becomes a cardboard cut-out the moment he changes, the obscure and misable side quests, the downright awful cinematography in the cutscenes, etc

Yes.

I played it on a flight and it kept me busy enough, but I haven't touched it since then. It's been sitting in the case, ready for trade in, for months.

Oh, actually, maybe Kid Icarus Uprising, too. The controls made it almost unplayable for me. I don't know why they couldn't use a more traditional control scheme...

(I beat the entire game, without the stand, and had no problem with the controls, I don't know what the heck you're talking about)

Personally the worst 3DS game I ever played,
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D for several reasons.

-Barely any characters, I would have liked more selection like Leon, Billy, really they added Krauser? Who was only in two games one of which wasn't even playable.

-The weapons system was crap, I would have liked if I could unlock more weapons and mix&match them to my liking or use money I could win from the missions to buy tons more weapons or upgrade ones I previously had.

-No Zombies... I get a portable resident evil game where you run around killing everything in sight, and not a single friggin zombie in the entire thing.
I know it's only 4/5 based, but it didn't have to be. They could have snuck things in from all the previous games, lickers, tyrants, heck even Nemesis. I mean Capcom admitted it's not canon so why not?

-Also there is no option to erase the save file. Meaning I'm stuck with the save and the game because EB Games won't let me trade it in because of that.
#54mad9671Posted 12/4/2012 6:17:08 AM
Driver renegade 3D. What happened to free roam and on foot missions. Even Driver 76 on PSP had these along with multiplayer and game sharing. Qualitywise it is better but atleast they could have added free roam.
#55IHeartMetroidPosted 12/4/2012 6:26:48 AM
"Meaning I'm stuck with the save"

I know it's not much consolation, but apparently the NDS USB Adapter Plus can delete your Merc save file...
#56Dartpaw86Posted 12/4/2012 6:35:17 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Meaning I'm stuck with the save"

I know it's not much consolation, but apparently the NDS USB Adapter Plus can delete your Merc save file...

Thanks, but it doesn't make a difference because I won't play it anyway and too much trouble just to trade it in, in fact the adapter probably costs more than what i'll get for it.
#57TheMusrich888Posted 12/4/2012 6:43:37 AM
Star Fox 64

I liked the idea of playing Star Fox 64 on the go. But the idea and novelty wore off fast, none of my friends wanted to play multi (preferring Mario Kart 7, which I don't blame them), and see as how I already have SF64 on the Wii's Virtual Console...well, SF64-3D lost its appeal fast.
---
Currently playing: Xbox360: Dance Central 3, Halo: Reach, Rock Band 3, Rock Band Blitz Walking Dead
PC: League of Legends, Team Fortress 2
#58abbyhitterPosted 12/4/2012 6:50:48 AM
Pilot Wings Resort
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#59NejiHyuga900Posted 12/4/2012 6:54:09 AM
The only 3DS games that I currently own are: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D.

Out of all of those three, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: TDPNeji
Steam name: NejiHyuga900
#60wesker741Posted 12/4/2012 7:00:50 AM
Dartpaw86 posted...
RRDarken posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
tales of the abyss

Yes.

(I beat the entire game, without the stand, and had no problem with the controls, I don't know what the heck you're talking about)

Personally the worst 3DS game I ever played,
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D for several reasons.

-Barely any characters, I would have liked more selection like Leon, Billy, really they added Krauser? Who was only in two games one of which wasn't even playable.

-The weapons system was crap, I would have liked if I could unlock more weapons and mix&match them to my liking or use money I could win from the missions to buy tons more weapons or upgrade ones I previously had.

-No Zombies... I get a portable resident evil game where you run around killing everything in sight, and not a single friggin zombie in the entire thing.
I know it's only 4/5 based, but it didn't have to be. They could have snuck things in from all the previous games, lickers, tyrants, heck even Nemesis. I mean Capcom admitted it's not canon so why not?

-Also there is no option to erase the save file. Meaning I'm stuck with the save and the game because EB Games won't let me trade it in because of that.

That's actually probably my favorite 3DS game, but to each his own. Also, I really don't see why they would add Billy, I don't see why people think he deserves more recognition. Leon would play too much like Chris because of similar loadouts, but figuring eventually when you get enough points you can use anyone with any loadout, yeah it is kinda pathetic they didn't add more. Then again, they have Claire Redfield so IDC <3 Also, Barry Burton
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17