What's the most disappointing 3DS game you own?

#61Dartpaw86Posted 12/4/2012 7:09:05 AM
wesker741 posted...
Dartpaw86 posted...
RRDarken posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
tales of the abyss

not the worst game ever made by any means, but there's a number of annoying things that completely killed my enjoyment. the unlikable douchebag protagonist who becomes a cardboard cut-out the moment he changes, the obscure and misable side quests, the downright awful cinematography in the cutscenes, etc

Yes.

I played it on a flight and it kept me busy enough, but I haven't touched it since then. It's been sitting in the case, ready for trade in, for months.

Oh, actually, maybe Kid Icarus Uprising, too. The controls made it almost unplayable for me. I don't know why they couldn't use a more traditional control scheme...

(I beat the entire game, without the stand, and had no problem with the controls, I don't know what the heck you're talking about)

Personally the worst 3DS game I ever played,
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D for several reasons.

-Barely any characters, I would have liked more selection like Leon, Billy, really they added Krauser? Who was only in two games one of which wasn't even playable.

-The weapons system was crap, I would have liked if I could unlock more weapons and mix&match them to my liking or use money I could win from the missions to buy tons more weapons or upgrade ones I previously had.

-No Zombies... I get a portable resident evil game where you run around killing everything in sight, and not a single friggin zombie in the entire thing.
I know it's only 4/5 based, but it didn't have to be. They could have snuck things in from all the previous games, lickers, tyrants, heck even Nemesis. I mean Capcom admitted it's not canon so why not?

-Also there is no option to erase the save file. Meaning I'm stuck with the save and the game because EB Games won't let me trade it in because of that.

That's actually probably my favorite 3DS game, but to each his own. Also, I really don't see why they would add Billy, I don't see why people think he deserves more recognition. Leon would play too much like Chris because of similar loadouts, but figuring eventually when you get enough points you can use anyone with any loadout, yeah it is kinda pathetic they didn't add more. Then again, they have Claire Redfield so IDC <3 Also, Barry Burton

Barry is awesome :D
But really the gripe I have with the weapons, is from what I remember all I can do is exchange them with the other characters. I mean, I don't care if Jill can use Chris's weapon, or Barry can use Hunk's weapon. I think there should have been more variety and I agree, if you like the game more power to you :)
#62Crazy_tank51Posted 12/4/2012 7:17:35 AM
That I've played: NSMB2. How in the **** could they make a mario game THAT STALE!? HOW!?

That I own: Star Fox 64. The voice acting and music went bad and the multiplayer's horrible. Only cool part is score attack
---
You can solve all problems by bombing them rapidly.
"You will not enjoy that shrimp with sauce while I'm around!"-Drake & Josh
#63mappy41Posted 12/4/2012 7:25:02 AM
F1 2011
The AI is a game breaker! Racing against the computer is terrible.
#64kewldude475Posted 12/4/2012 7:26:35 AM
Uhh, I guess Kid Icarus Uprising because of the controls.

But I learned them, and beat every chapter on the highest difficulty. Fantastic game, one of the best I've played this year.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#65stridermeisPosted 12/4/2012 7:42:51 AM
Resident evil revelations. I was really looking forward to it after playing the demo but I was disappointed to find out the story was worse than resident evil 5's story. The story was god awful and ridiculous. Really cheesy and embarrassing. What I loved about the old resident evils is that the story was like an '80s horror movie. Now resident evil is like a cheesy tv action show. I don't understand how everyone praises the game on these boards.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#66Dartpaw86Posted 12/4/2012 7:44:10 AM
kewldude475 posted...
Uhh, I guess Kid Icarus Uprising because of the controls.

But I learned them, and beat every chapter on the highest difficulty. Fantastic game, one of the best I've played this year.

You mention this game yet say it's one of the best?
Wow I'd hate to see what games you utterly despise are O_o
Then again if you had one it would have been mentioned.
#67Drkr_ZenPosted 12/4/2012 7:44:46 AM
I only own three games... OoT 3D, SM3DL and KH3D, but its definitely KH. Birth By Sleep was vastly superior in every way, but then again, I've yet to play a KH game on a Nintendo platform that was a must own title.
---
Playing: Skyrim, MHP3rd HD, ME3, KH3D, Borderlands 2 (GOTY 2012)
"See You Space Cowboy."
#68randomshemsPosted 12/4/2012 7:53:25 AM
Heroes of ruin the amount of playtime dissapointed v.v
#69LunarRoarPosted 12/4/2012 8:00:20 AM
Mario Kart 7. It's not a bad game by any means, my friends and I just don't play it anymore.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#70supremeblasterPosted 12/4/2012 8:19:52 AM
stridermeis posted...
Resident evil revelations. I was really looking forward to it after playing the demo but I was disappointed to find out the story was worse than resident evil 5's story. The story was god awful and ridiculous. Really cheesy and embarrassing. What I loved about the old resident evils is that the story was like an '80s horror movie. Now resident evil is like a cheesy tv action show. I don't understand how everyone praises the game on these boards.

Resident Evil generally relies more on the gameplay than the story. RE:R had some fantastic gameplay, and the atmosphere in most episodes really actually felt scary. The atmosphere building up to the first boss(MAYDAY....) really felt like the series going back to its true survival horror roots,the gameplay was simple and to the point and Raid mode was also a great addition and well appreciated.

I can understand your critique though, the story is kind of bad. The mystery drags on too long and in the end, there's not really a big bomb of a reveal.