What's the most disappointing 3DS game you own?

#81arthur8642Posted 12/4/2012 9:07:26 AM
KH:DDD

I do like it, but it doesn't suck me in like 2 and BBS did.
---
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'
#82Rpgsrock213Posted 12/4/2012 9:08:29 AM
Steeldiver, it seemed interesting at first, but its just.... so.... terribly boring.
---
3DS FC: 4339-2483-1760,
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2795-8481-7961
#83kewldude475Posted 12/4/2012 9:14:55 AM
Dartpaw86 posted...
kewldude475 posted...
Uhh, I guess Kid Icarus Uprising because of the controls.

But I learned them, and beat every chapter on the highest difficulty. Fantastic game, one of the best I've played this year.

You mention this game yet say it's one of the best?
Wow I'd hate to see what games you utterly despise are O_o
Then again if you had one it would have been mentioned.

He said disappointing, not worst. I was disappointed in the controls.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#84stridermeisPosted 12/4/2012 9:19:10 AM
supremeblaster posted...
stridermeis posted...
Resident evil revelations. I was really looking forward to it after playing the demo but I was disappointed to find out the story was worse than resident evil 5's story. The story was god awful and ridiculous. Really cheesy and embarrassing. What I loved about the old resident evils is that the story was like an '80s horror movie. Now resident evil is like a cheesy tv action show. I don't understand how everyone praises the game on these boards.

Resident Evil generally relies more on the gameplay than the story. RE:R had some fantastic gameplay, and the atmosphere in most episodes really actually felt scary. The atmosphere building up to the first boss(MAYDAY....) really felt like the series going back to its true survival horror roots,the gameplay was simple and to the point and Raid mode was also a great addition and well appreciated.

I can understand your critique though, the story is kind of bad. The mystery drags on too long and in the end, there's not really a big bomb of a reveal.

I agree, the gameplay was great and the online raid mode was awesome too, but I had to force myself to play through the story mode. I kept cringing at every poorly thought out line of dialogue and it made the game a real chore to play through. I loved the beginning of the game, but the other characters you have to play as in later chapters are heavily action oriented and there was barely any of the amazing gameplay from the first few chapters about half way through the story mode. It not a horrible game by any stretch of the imagination, but it isn't anything more than filler with decent gameplay and I was very disappointed.

But I agree with you too, there was a lot of fun to be had in the game if you can ignore the story and the presentation was much better than most handheld games.
---
3DS - Joey: 1032-1228-0742
PSN(PS3/VITA) - strider_laharl
#85MetaDeDeDePosted 12/4/2012 9:23:08 AM
Mario Kart 7

The lack of a Single Player VS mode hurts it really badly but it is fun.
---
I love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it
Official Wario of the New Super Mario Bros. U Board
#86SkyminxyzPosted 12/4/2012 9:24:25 AM
OtherSuperPhil posted...
This topic has most likely been done to death, so I apologize. At least it's not "My most disappointing 3DS game was still better than the best Vita game" garbage. Don't bring stuff like that into this topic, please.

Anyway, mine would probably be Sonic Generations. I was pumped for it after Sonic Rush and SR Adventure, but the level design and length in SG are just... ugh. I can't get rid of this game quick enough. However, the remixes are absolutely awesome.

Please post your most disappointing 3DS game that you've EDIT: own and WHY.

This is the exact same reason I was so disappointed in Sonic Generations. It doesn't help you can't even change the music for each course, let alone having Modern Sonic in 2D. (I know it's based on Rush, but for this game it made him too similar to classic sonic.)
Well at least the 3ds version got online, despite scrubs spamming those "Mini-games once they realize they'll lose in the normal courses.

<.< It was actually bad enough to make me have to buy the Ps3 version about 2 months ago, which was so much better. It's just a shame I can't sell back the 3ds version (cause if I did I'd only get like 3 bucks back.)

Other than that nothing really, mostly because I look into a lot of 3ds games before spending 30-40 bucks on them. Just got KH:DDD, PM on black Friday, and despite PM being "different" it will probably be good enough. Also got Rayman 3D, which gets a little hate but for only 15 bucks how could I really hate it ? Meh I'll find out on Christmas day I guess.

-_- Sorry for my long and almost pointless post. Just really bored.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#87kewldude475Posted 12/4/2012 9:25:31 AM
arthur8642 posted...
KH:DDD

I do like it, but it doesn't suck me in like 2 and BBS did.

My thoughts exactly. BBS and 2 really drove KH's good name for me.

That said, I think DDD is a really good game.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#88adampeltzPosted 12/4/2012 9:41:18 AM
Dead or Alive Dimensions. I don't know why, it's everything that I expected out of a handheld DOA game... I think I'm just done with the series... and pretty much all fighting games for good. It makes me groan every time I put it in my 3DS and give it a chance.

For me personally, Super Smash Bros. Melee still makes everything else in the genre feel irrelevant.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#89RicardoSForeverPosted 12/4/2012 9:49:06 AM
I had in total 6 3DS games, but now only own 4. At first it was Ridge Racer 3D, mainly for lack of features that appear in Ridge Racer 7, which is my favorite racer of the PS3. But now that I don't own it, it's either Mario 3D Land or Pokemon Rumble Blast, cause they get boring fast.
---
If this world was noob free; than nobody could laugh at least once!
#90greaterspherePosted 12/4/2012 9:53:49 AM(edited)
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

But thats just because i only got two 3DS games, the other one being
Resident Evil: Revelations.
---
---
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/femjao.jpg[/IMG]