Vita user with a question

#11DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/4/2012 3:32:28 AM
skyrimer3d posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
skyrimer3d posted...
I love my Vita and some time ago I sold my 3ds, I just didn't play it anymore. One of the things I hated the most of 3ds was having to carry cartridges everywhere, I know that now you can download many games, but to what extent? Are all 3ds games now available to download, or just a few? Do all new releases now have a downloadable version?

Hopefully if all games get downloadable, Nintendo releases a new 3ds with 2nd stick and some real games hit the console (right now I'm only interested in Luigi Mansion and Castlevania) I'll get one again since I'm a big 3d fan.

Not everyone wants to shell out cash for a bunch of memory to put all those games on.

I much prefer cartridges and boxes, but I guess that's just because I'm old.

For me the advantage of changing games in seconds depending on my mood and to be able to carry 10-15 games at once is well worth the cash I paid for the memory card.

And for me the cases are well worth the money I paid for the physical copies. Much like a bunch of people prefer physical cd's.

Also taking two seconds to switch out the game isn't a big deal when you've been doing it since you were : P you kids these days.

But whatever, to each his own. I'm just saying most people probably don't care if most games have a digital and physical version.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#12lambchipsPosted 12/4/2012 3:34:52 AM
if you want console experience dont bother with 3ds...
stick with the vita, pick up a tablet and a gaming laptop... those will offer the console experience
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#13pbandjamesPosted 12/4/2012 3:53:40 AM
lambchips posted...
if you want console experience pick up a tablet

Well, this is a very interesting opinion. One that I would say is extremely wrong, but that would be my opinion. And probably the opinion of many others.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#14McMarblesPosted 12/4/2012 6:50:00 AM
How many games do you play at once? Does anyone really carry around more than one extra game cartridge every day?
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#15DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/4/2012 6:51:06 AM
McMarbles posted...
How many games do you play at once? Does anyone really carry around more than one extra game cartridge every day?

More importantly where does he go where he would have that much time to play a bunch of games?

I do most of my handheld gaming at home in privacy.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#16JurassicBondPosted 12/4/2012 7:17:07 AM
I don't understand why some people prefer digital distribution on consoles. 90% of the time you can get the physical copy cheaper a couple of months after release, and a lot of the time you can even get it cheaper on release day.
---
Reading: The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East - R. Fisk
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#17kewldude475Posted 12/4/2012 7:28:27 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
carrying many vita cartridges wasn't the same? -_-
if you're a "big 3d fan" you should have never sold your 3ds to join the dark side

Vita has a 32 GB card and all Vita games are up for download.

And TC, for future reference, selling consoles is usually a very bad idea.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#18gray_fox_00Posted 12/4/2012 7:37:07 AM
Man, the guy asks a simple question and you all give him round about answers that are more opinion on his preference of purchasing. He didn't ask for your preference he asked what retail games also have eShop release.

TC if you go here

http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide?system=3ds&purchase=retail

you can click the digital download and you'll see what's in the store. Not sure how often Nintendo updates it though since I haven't really done a comparative check on that.

And I feel your pain TC. I get a bit of gaming ADD with handhelds and randomly switch games. Though I love my 3DS the eShop has been a hurdle for me in terms of content and layout since I've been used to the PSN set up for years.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#19Mattatron42Posted 12/4/2012 11:35:53 AM
if the wii u is any indication then most retail games will be released digitally. I would take a wait and see approach on that though. as for two sticks, don't plan on it happening soon as it will alienate some owners, maybe next gen. there are plenty of "real" games digital and retail
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
TvC: 2752-4488-8486