Nintendo is Arrogant. They NEVER release demos for their AAA games on the eshop!

#101Mariofan15Posted 12/5/2012 3:01:00 PM
They also need to release the Demo for Adventure Time like they said they would -_-. NoA is god damn horrible at keeping their word.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#102CircleOfManiasPosted 12/5/2012 5:42:33 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
I agree. It's complete nonsense. Hell, the demo for Twisted Metal PS3 had online play, even. And thank you for getting it right and saying "Nintendo is." People who say "Nintendo are" don't know a thing about grammar.

nintendo of america,noe,noj three branches=plural,imo

A tree have dozens of branches, therefore a tree are plural too.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#103NorthernDruidPosted 12/6/2012 5:09:13 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...
McMarbles posted...
McMarbles posted...
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/demo-daze

An interesting Extra Credits about why a game company might not make demos.

Reposting in case no one actually watched it.

I watched it and everything he said was pretty much assumable if you have any understanding of marketing.

I will add that the Dmc4 demo made me go buy the game.

Myself i've never actually had a case where a demo has made me buy something i wouldn't have bought anyway.

And in any case, for AAA or other well exposed games, the potential extra sales to people who aren't interested in buying but then they try a demo and then get interested (which aren't that many for major budget titles, since most people will just get it regardless if they like the genre, series or find other previews appealing).

A demo isn't a good marketing tool unless you can easily make one, and don't get a lot of other exposure.

It's a good tool for digital distribution games with low exposure in the price range above the point where you start caring about your money being wasted or not.

Anything else a demo is unlikely to help at all.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/
#104masterduelistkyPosted 12/6/2012 5:36:10 PM
Having a Demo for Resident Evil: Revelations definitely persuaded me to buy it, same with Kingdom Hearts: DDD. Sure, they might be arrogant, but tbh, I can't remember the last time that when I bought a Nintendo game, I felt like it wasn't worth the purchase. Would I like them to make more demos? Sure. Will they? likely not.