Nintendo is Arrogant. They NEVER release demos for their AAA games on the eshop!

#91Mewtwo_soulPosted 12/4/2012 8:24:53 AM(edited)
IrateGameFAQer posted...
Are you seriously trying to justify your view?

Why the hell do you bother to game then, honestly? Why bother when you can watch practically any game get played on the internet.

A demo/actually PLAYING the game will ALWAYS be better than watching a video. ALWAYS. Videos can easily misinterpret/manipulate what gameplay/mechanics are like.

This logic is incorrect.

I prefer demos, but demos do not normally house all mechanic of said game [Tekken 2/3 demo] , show the overall story [only small segments], and as pretty much obvious show only small portions of the overall game. Where as a review shows the overall game in every part. Will you be able to pull off 100 hit combos in UMvC3 by watching it? No. But I doubt you'll be busy enough to learn 100 hit combos from the two available characters in a demo by the time the full game comes out.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#92Pontificus32390Posted 12/4/2012 9:16:24 AM
demos are the most ideal, sure. However, watching a gameplay video is far more helpful than *****ing and moaning here about how nintendo doesn't have a demo.
---
First Build: i5 3570k @ 4.3GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2 x HIS 7870 IceQ 2GB |
8GB Corsair Vengeance | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Windows 7 64bit | 750W PSU
#93kdognumba1Posted 12/4/2012 9:27:59 AM
I spent 5 bucks on Pilotwings
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#94Chimera268Posted 12/4/2012 9:29:40 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Microsoft and Sony most of the time offer demos for their upcoming AAA game releases.
It creates hype, people can play them and get an idea if they want to buy them etc...

Nintendo on the other hand NEVER releases demos of their AAA games for people to download and try.

I want to try Pilotwings before I spend 40 bucks on it.
I want to try Kid Icarus before I spend 40 bucks on it.
I want to try Mario Kart 7 before I spend 40 bucks on it.
I want to try Super Mario 3D Land before I spend 40 bucks on it.
I want to try Zelda OoT 3D before I spend 40 bucks on it.
I want to try New Super Mario Bros 2 before I spend 40 bucks on it.
I want to try Paper Mario Sticker Star before I spend 40 bucks on it.
I want to try Mario Tennis 3D before I spend 40 bucks on it.

AND I want to try out Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing demos whenever they are released too.

I want to try blahblahblah but I understand what you mean.

Why can't Nintendo release a short demo to be downloaded a week before each of these game releases so people can try them out and decide?

EVERY 3rd party company for Nintendo releases some demos.

Does Nintendo think "It's a new game made buy Nintendo, there is not reason to try it, JUST BUY IT!"

---
Currently Playing: Adventure Time.
#95DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/4/2012 10:29:19 AM
McMarbles posted...
McMarbles posted...
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/demo-daze

An interesting Extra Credits about why a game company might not make demos.

Reposting in case no one actually watched it.

I admit I did not watch it, my bad. I'll watch it later when I get done with my projects.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#96NorthernDruidPosted 12/4/2012 4:47:55 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
IrateGameFAQer posted...
Are you seriously trying to justify your view?

Why the hell do you bother to game then, honestly? Why bother when you can watch practically any game get played on the internet.

A demo/actually PLAYING the game will ALWAYS be better than watching a video. ALWAYS. Videos can easily misinterpret/manipulate what gameplay/mechanics are like.

This logic is incorrect.

I prefer demos, but demos do not normally house all mechanic of said game [Tekken 2/3 demo] , show the overall story [only small segments], and as pretty much obvious show only small portions of the overall game. Where as a review shows the overall game in every part. Will you be able to pull off 100 hit combos in UMvC3 by watching it? No. But I doubt you'll be busy enough to learn 100 hit combos from the two available characters in a demo by the time the full game comes out.

This, take the Dissidia Final Fantasy demo. It was the combat tutorial of the game. You got to try a few of the characters, and could play in an arcade mode.

It showed you how the basic setup worked and gave you nothing about the depth of things, equipment/accessories selections and builds, customization options on which abilities and attacks you can use, summons, how high level battle differs widely from low level battle. How the colliseum works or how the story mode or the story itself was.

So sure it gave you a glimpse of the base gameplay and controls. But if you played that demo and then bought the game wanting to play Jecht expecting the same type of gameplay as in the demo, you'd be in for a surprise.

However, had you watched a video with a review of the different characters you'd know fully well what all the characters played like and how deep the game was and how much time you should expect to spend grinding and arranging builds.

Of course it differs widely from genre to genre, and game to game, how informative a demo could be. But (as the video on it that was linked to points out) it's hard to make a good demo, and generally not worth the time, effort and resources to do it.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/
#97DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/4/2012 11:03:44 PM
McMarbles posted...
McMarbles posted...
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/demo-daze

An interesting Extra Credits about why a game company might not make demos.

Reposting in case no one actually watched it.

I watched it and everything he said was pretty much assumable if you have any understanding of marketing.

I will add that the Dmc4 demo made me go buy the game.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
FC
#98strongo9Posted 12/5/2012 12:43:58 AM
When speaking about a corporation, it is proper to use singular pronouns.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#99HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:54:30 PM
bump
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#100XWolfOPosted 12/5/2012 12:59:10 PM
I couldn't care less about demos. I never downloaded a single demo ever and I choose what to buy carefully, so whatever.
---
It's-a me!