Mario Kart 7 vs Mario Tennis (vs Professor Layton?)

#1Arsene-LupinPosted 12/4/2012 5:52:35 PM
I'm itching for a new 3DS game... even though I haven't finished most of the 3DS games (or Vita games, for that matter) I already own. I'm looking at Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and Professor Layton.

Well, Layton not so much. I've still got the last 2 DS games on my backlog. Or maybe three? I'm currently playing Unwound Future, isn't there are another DS game after that one? So, anyhow, Layton will probably be cheap when I finish it, right? It's not first party, after all.

Right now I'm leaning toward Mario Kart since I played the Wii version and loved it. I do really like Tennis games and haven't played a Mario Tennis game since the N64 days... I am worried about how much (or little) content and replayability it has. So, between the two, which offers the most bang for your buck?
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#2Jakerific44Posted 12/4/2012 6:16:59 PM
I'd go with Mario Kart 7. Great game.
---
Miiverse is amazing. It's like Gamefaqs but without the trolls.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonwarriorz1?feature=mhee
#3SuperMario1998Posted 12/4/2012 6:34:39 PM
Jakerific44 posted...

---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#4zaingasmPosted 12/4/2012 6:34:45 PM
Jakerific44 posted...

Pretty much this. I bought it on launch day last year, and I go back to play it for a few days at least once a month.

Probably my favorite Mario Kart to date.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
XBL:xZAINGASMx
#5MarsfordPosted 12/4/2012 6:41:44 PM
MK7 for sure. Mario Tennis is about as fun gameplay wise IMO, but the amount of content, although little in MK7, is way more bang for your buck. The online is stellar.

Can't comment on Layton. But defs get MK7.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#6LinkMaster2703Posted 12/4/2012 6:44:16 PM
Mario Kart 7 and Layton are both great.
---
Currently Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS), Nintendo Land (Wii U), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#7MrSpacelySlatePosted 12/5/2012 7:04:59 AM
Tennis and Layton.