3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

#1nooitzbenPosted 12/5/2012 4:58:03 AM(edited)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333686

So I've been waiting to get a 3ds XL for a long time since it was first released. I even already have a DS game and 3DS game and unable to play them because I don't have the system to play on it on yet.

So next week at BB they are going to have this sale. I think it should be worth it for those who do not have a 3D XL yet. But I wonder...after the holidays I get this feeling there will be a lower price drop for the 3D XL or new release of colors? There is always a sale of everything that wasn't sold during the holiday rush. I was really hoping for different colors for the 3DS XL. But regardless of color a 3DS XL is a 3DS XL. Maybe even another 3DS upgrade would be available in the upcoming new year? I could be wrong but if a new upgrade does happen I might have to eat my hat.

So what do you guys think? To buy or not to buy. That is the question.
Or just continue to wait for a better price, new color, or something else for the 3DS?
#2IzunaOvertureePosted 12/5/2012 5:09:00 AM
I should have waited. I really want to play monster hunter on a big screen
---
Defeat is only momentary. Hit it till it dies. Don't get hit.
Xat.com/3dschannel (Owner)
#390sRetroGamingPosted 12/5/2012 5:36:15 AM
I already bought the new blue 3DS XL/MK7 bundle from Toy's R' Us this past sunday for $199.99 w/free $30 GC and free bobble head stylus. i wonder if they would do a "price adjustment" for me?. technically it's not Best Buy selling it for $199.99 + free $40 GC but for $159.99 alone.

LE blue 3DS XL/MK7 bundle w/free $30 GC and free bobble head stylus for $159.99 would be a sweet ass deal! :). all they would need to do is give me $43.20 in cash back instead of a return/rebuy. i haven't opened my bundle up yet thank goodness...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#4rideshortPosted 12/5/2012 5:55:35 AM
I don't think that'll work. First, does Toy "R" Us even price match? Second, the 3DS XL that is going on sale will it apply to the 3DS XL MK7 bundle? If not, they surely won't do it.
---
I believe in the Golden Rule and you should too!
http://i.imgur.com/63HCN.gif
#590sRetroGamingPosted 12/5/2012 6:07:48 AM(edited)
rideshort posted...
I don't think that'll work. First, does Toy "R" Us even price match? Second, the 3DS XL that is going on sale will it apply to the 3DS XL MK7 bundle? If not, they surely won't do it.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

They do now!. it really shouldn't even matter since ALL 3DS XL packages are sold at an MSRP of $199.99, including the bundle itself. if "Blue/Black" is in the Best Buy Ad next week then the "Blue/Black" MK7 bundle SHOULD naturally be able to qualify.

"Blue/Black" is clearly listed on the top part of the box for the MK7 bundle. the different artwork on the box shouldn't make a difference, eventhough, that too, is clearly showing an image of the "Blue/Black" 3DS XL right on the front of it.
---
#6rideshortPosted 12/5/2012 6:07:36 AM
rideshort posted...

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

They do now!. it really shouldn't even matter since ALL 3DS XL packages are sold at an MSRP of $199.99, including the bundle itself.

Good to know that they price match and I figured the bundle(s( wouldn't apply to the Best Buy 3DS XL sale.
---
I believe in the Golden Rule and you should too!
http://i.imgur.com/63HCN.gif
#7abbyhitterPosted 12/5/2012 6:08:55 AM
I don't understand all these price drops. They act like a new handheld system is coming out to replace the 3DS.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#890sRetroGamingPosted 12/5/2012 6:10:27 AM
abbyhitter posted...
I don't understand all these price drops. They act like a new handheld system is coming out to replace the 3DS.

Special sales.. not price drops, which are permanent.
---
#9abbyhitterPosted 12/5/2012 6:12:04 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
abbyhitter posted...

I heard that the regular 3DS was price dropping to $140.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#1090sRetroGamingPosted 12/5/2012 6:19:36 AM(edited)
abbyhitter posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
abbyhitter posted...

I heard that the regular 3DS was price dropping to $140.

I heard that too, but this week and next week's deal on the 3DS XL have nothing to do with price drops. Nintendo can announce an immediate price drop starting tomorrow (which would be nice.. for the XL) but that still doesn't mean this weeks price at B&M stores (Best Buy, TRU and Target) and next week (at Best Buy) are price drops.

They're just special deals being offered since it's the holiday season. it's smart to eat a little bit of the cost on each unit sold as that will actually bring in more sales than simply selling it at full MSRP.
---