3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

#11abbyhitterPosted 12/5/2012 6:31:24 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
abbyhitter posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
abbyhitter posted...
I don't understand all these price drops. They act like a new handheld system is coming out to replace the 3DS.

Special sales.. not price drops, which are permanent.

I heard that the regular 3DS was price dropping to $140.

I heard that too, but this week and next week's deal on the 3DS XL have nothing to do with price drops. Nintendo can announce an immediate price drop starting tomorrow (which would be nice.. for the XL) but that still doesn't mean this weeks price at B&M stores (Best Buy, TRU and Target) and next week (at Best Buy) are price drops.

They're just special deals being offered since it's the holiday season. it's smart to eat a little bit of the cost on each unit sold as that will actually bring in more sales than simply selling it at full MSRP.

I'm not referring to the special deals at the retail stores. I'm talking the price drops.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#1290sRetroGamingPosted 12/5/2012 6:49:50 AM
abbyhitter posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
abbyhitter posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
abbyhitter posted...
I don't understand all these price drops. They act like a new handheld system is coming out to replace the 3DS.

Special sales.. not price drops, which are permanent.

I heard that the regular 3DS was price dropping to $140.

I heard that too, but this week and next week's deal on the 3DS XL have nothing to do with price drops. Nintendo can announce an immediate price drop starting tomorrow (which would be nice.. for the XL) but that still doesn't mean this weeks price at B&M stores (Best Buy, TRU and Target) and next week (at Best Buy) are price drops.

They're just special deals being offered since it's the holiday season. it's smart to eat a little bit of the cost on each unit sold as that will actually bring in more sales than simply selling it at full MSRP.

Guess we'll know in a little over three hours from now ;).
I'm not referring to the special deals at the retail stores. I'm talking the price drops.

---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com