Older Nintendo handheld gamers, are you still able to play Pokemon to this day?

#31darkhishamPosted 12/5/2012 11:41:01 AM
I stopped playing after Silver/Crystal. I had 240+ hours on silver before the battery died. I cannot possibly see myself playing that much again. I think Pokemon and RPGs in general are good for people who don't have enough money for many games, are casuals or they don't mind spending a lot on a single series. I prefer to finish a game in a couple of days and then start another one. For example, I didn't enjoy Borderlands because it was too time consuming and then after completing it I thought that all of the game time for the plot that we got wasn't worth it, so I'm not gonna get the 2nd one.
#32deimos91Posted 12/5/2012 11:43:02 AM
yeah i am playing black 2 right now while i wait for FE
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#33JurassicBondPosted 12/5/2012 11:43:03 AM
I only played Pokemon Diamond, and even though I liked it a lot, I have not been able to get into any of the other ones.
---
Reading: The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East - R. Fisk
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#34MetalLokiPosted 12/5/2012 11:44:14 AM
Buttery_Toast posted...
I grew up with Red, Blue, Yellow and Silver and stopped caring shortly after. I picked up White 2 just to see how far the series had come since then. I spent about 40 hours on it and haven't touched it since beating the main game.

So yeah, I don't know. I think I'm done with Pokemon for a while.

Go do the PWT, it is so fun.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#35freezemanPosted 12/5/2012 11:46:33 AM
Not really as I lost much interest after I finished Gold/Silver.
---
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259
#36Superlinkbros89Posted 12/5/2012 11:50:13 AM
No, it only feels as if the fun of the game is postgame and playing 20 hours to reach the end feels dull.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Minecraft, Mario Kart 7
#37F150IIPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:43 AM
No, but simply because I realized you can't win with this series. They'll always add more and more Pokemon, and there's just no way I'll ever be able to collect them all. Maybe when the series ends. Maybe.
---
@TechnicalColor - posting everyday
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDoublePlayGuys/featured - creators of the double play
#38DaMan1900Posted 12/5/2012 11:58:36 AM
kdiz4321 posted...
No, but not for the reasons that you stated. The games have been too much the same; go on a journey to help a professor for some reason, fight some gym leaders to get to the elite 4 and fight some evil organization along the way. And even that wouldn't be so much of a problem if you could actually collect all of the pokemon, but now half of the legendaries that are officially in the pokedex are only available through various events, although I've heard that you can get some through wifi too. Still kind of takes the fun out of it for me.

I'm not a big fan of the metagame; I wouldn't mind grinding out EVs, but trying to get one pokemon that has the right personality with the right IVs just sounds like a pain in the ass so I never got into it.

By the way, the highest level you can get in pokemon is 100.

---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#39ItemBreakPosted 12/5/2012 11:59:57 AM
I definitely don't bother with the games anymore past beating the Elite Four once. The adventure mode is all the games are good for. While the combat system is joyfully complex, there are the huge, unfun walls of breeding and training before you can get on an even playing field with everyone else. Hence the reason simulators exist.
#40SMASHKING84Posted 12/5/2012 12:01:14 PM
they dropped gotta catch em all years ago,get over it. and enjoy the games for what them are. a fun rpg which is even better playing multiplayer
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.