Older Nintendo handheld gamers, are you still able to play Pokemon to this day?

#41ares9090Posted 12/5/2012 11:02:17 AM
No, I don't feel that way.

Main series Pokémon games, and Zelda series games have marked my life in a way wehre I can not come back.

Leaving aside Zelda games, I have clocked 999:59 Hours of gameplay in my Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Platinum, SoulSilver and Black versions, Pokémon Black 2 is at 450+ hours of gameplay right now.

I love to clear any aspect of the game, Battle Frontier/Tower/Subway, Musicals, etc. you get the idea.

I think I will love those games series until the very last day of my life.

I'm 39 YO BTW, and if you don't beleive me, you can find me here

https://www.facebook.com/ares9090
---
Platinum FC Ares 3695 6100 4083 <><> SoulSilver FC Ares 2021 4949 3046
Black FC Ares 1721 2365 8048
#42_XCrazy_DaisyX_Posted 12/5/2012 11:02:30 AM
I'm with you on the grinding, & the constant battles after every 2 steps in a cemetery ARGGH!!

I'm sick & tired of the same old formula, There is so much they can do to improve the series but no! We get new monsters, choose different starters, fight the gym leaders, E4, champion, rinse & repeat. -_-;

Having said that, It IS addictive, I'll go back to my old games for a few battles,
but I'm not going to run to the store as soon as a 'new' game comes out.

*Boycotting Pkmn until they include AR/&/make drastic changes*

In all honesty, I find some 'die hard' fans more annoying, especially when somebody randomly brings up pokemon without running any meaningful conversation.

They make it sound as if it was the greatest thing ever.
^Come off as attention seekers, iyam
x__x
---
( \_/) :: (Tales) KRATOS & LLOYD For SSB4! ::
(x_O) //Please help support !//
#43NinjaKitsunePosted 12/5/2012 11:04:39 AM
Yeah, just so long as I stay away from breeding for IVs. That's just about at my grind limit.
---
Press button, receive duck. Press button again, receive ductorate.
Don't press button third time. Don't ask why.
#44PsychoWolfXPosted 12/5/2012 11:06:50 AM
Same story here,TC I was around 11 or 12 when the whole Pokemon craze started and I was full blown obsessed up until about the third gen at which point I pretty much lost interest in Pokemon and had moved on to other anime/hobbies/games. I did get a copy of fire red and ruby from a kid on the school bus one day, but never came close to beating either one.

Skip ahead a couple more years and I regained a bit of my old love for the series when a friend convinced me to get Pearl (he had Diamond) We played the hell out of those games and then when HG/SS came out I was actually pretty excited. I loved the Gold and H/G did a pretty good job of living up to the original.

Then 5th gen rolled around and I really have tried to get the most out of it. I enjoyed Black quite a bit up to about the 7th gym, but by that point the shine had worn off and I had to force myself to beat the elite 4.

It's not just Pokemon either. I remember back when I was younger I would rent a game on Friday night and be completly imersed in it straight through th weekend. Now I buy a new game, play it of and on in 30 minute intervals for a few days and then it ends up collecting dust on a shelf having never been beaten.
#45SMASHKING84Posted 12/5/2012 11:08:21 AM
just use ar if you don't like grinding the point of the series has never been the single player so if you don't enjoy that part just build a team and enjoy the multiplayer. simulators like p.o aren't as fun plus GOOD luck finding matches unless people already know you.

seriously out of the 20 times i went on p.o 13 of them everybody was chatting instead of battling and even when i challenge someone they denied me. what's the point of a simulator when everyone treats it more like skype >.>
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#46Gold SlimePosted 12/5/2012 11:15:25 AM
I stopped playing when it got to the point that it was pretty much impossible to complete the pokedex.
---
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun
#47MajinKogahazanPosted 12/5/2012 11:44:04 AM
I still love Blue an Silver to this day, but the more modern ones.....I want to like them, but they're just too sluggish to enjoy most of the time.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8746106/1/#new
Dubs>Subs
#48Sir_SpecterPosted 12/5/2012 11:45:05 AM
I still remember the Christmas when I got my blue version and a Gameboy Color.

To this day, I ****** love Pokemon. Mainly for the metagame, but just playing through them is still a lot of fun for me. I like the exploration and the general aesthetic of them so much that some of the more negative aspects don't really get to me.
#49WiiFan77Posted 12/5/2012 11:51:24 AM
Nope. It's too easy.
---
???
#50LinkMaster2703Posted 12/5/2012 12:03:37 PM
As someone who's the ripe old age of 19, I do still play Pokemon. I remember back in the Christmas of 2000 (I think) I got my Pokemon Game Boy Color with a copy of Pokemon Yellow and I've gotten at least one version from every gen since then.
---
Currently Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS), Nintendo Land (Wii U), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke