Older Nintendo handheld gamers, are you still able to play Pokemon to this day?

#51ClarkyMalarkyPosted 12/5/2012 1:11:55 PM
Pokemon is a social game, once I had lost friends that played it, I stopped.
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
#52GenoPosted 12/5/2012 1:15:14 PM
A lot of the recent Pokemon games actually don't require you to grind on wild Pokemon like the earlier generations did. There're so many trainer battles that if you stick to a team of six throughout the majority of the game, you have more than enough EXP to go around to let you be at an average level to take on the Elite Four and then there's the endgame content, as well.

tl;dr: You don't have to grind as much in later generations.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#53malfionPosted 12/5/2012 1:17:56 PM
I got both Black 2 and White 2 and I'm halfway through Black 2 but then other games came out and I'm playing those.

I feel like storywise, they aren't as engrossing as Black 1/White 1, but I'll definitely go back and finish them.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#54muffinmasherPosted 12/5/2012 1:18:07 PM
Yep, I still play the pokemon games, although I haven't been into EV training as much.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#55SipherX05Posted 12/5/2012 1:42:36 PM
I know exactly how you feel TC. I don't know if its because Im older (29 now) or because the series needs to change it up a bit but Im finding the EV training a massive choir atm and Im not enjoying playing through the games like I did do.
My brothers and I all loved Diamond/Pearl and played it to death but we have all struggled playing through this and Black and White 1.
Shame too because some of the new pokemon look baddass (I'm looking at you Scrafty)
---
The Cole Train runs on whole grain, baby... Whooo!!!
#56DemonDog666Posted 12/5/2012 1:52:46 PM
lol no I couldn't even finish crystal on a emulator and just abusing the speed up feature. I really liked it originally but I always just get bored of it and the newer ones just seem like more of the same even too much more and it's just a boring grind and rehashed. It doesn't evolve at all.
#57JulesNeciPosted 12/5/2012 1:57:33 PM
Yes.
#58XWolfOPosted 12/5/2012 1:58:10 PM
Yes. I still love Pokemon. Even more than I used to. Back then, I really hated grinding in games, so I hated leveling up my pokemon, but now it's quite the opposite. Never really cared about battles and stuff, but I'm having tons of fun.

To be honest, nothing really changed. The mechanics were upgraded and they added more pokemon and moves and stuff, but that's a very good thing. That's why I can keep playing it. If it was the same as it used to be, I'd most likely really hate it.
---
It's-a me!
#59foxizardPosted 12/5/2012 1:59:29 PM
I still play them.

I believe on the outside they might appear as 'childish' and for a younger audience. On the inside though, I find them to be rather 'deep' and 'complex' in their own way.

I also love them for their stories. If you piece together all the lore and what have from all the games, you can get a really complex and intriguing store out of them that feels in fact somewhat more mature.

I also have friends older than me who still play them.

On the other hand, I'd probably keep playing them even if they were 'childish' because I play what I play regardless of what people think.

I still have to finish Black/White 2 though.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS, Playstation All-Stars, Epic Mickey 2 and Shining Hearts.
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2944-2414
#60LunarRoarPosted 12/5/2012 2:15:39 PM
I cannot. Having started the series with Pokemon Red and having played it up until the release of HG/SS, I personally can't stand to play Pokemon or games similar to it anymore. I feel like I've oversaturated myself in terms of exposure to the point that I can no longer enjoy it.

That said, I'm not embittered by it by any means. I think it's great that people can still enjoy it and newcomers can enter it with a sense of excitement. That aside, I still enjoy the music a great deal (particularly red/blue's soundtrack, as well as gold/silver's).

For anyone interested in a piano version of red/blue's OST, I recommend going on YouTube and searching "Joshua Graham - Pokemon Red/Blue Medley For Two Pianos." The guy does a tremendous job with it and its simply a joy to listen to for those who love the music. I'd link to it myself, but I'm on my phone atm, so there's that...
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)