Older Nintendo handheld gamers, are you still able to play Pokemon to this day?

#71Exodus_KnightPosted 12/5/2012 3:14:13 PM
Yes and yes again and just for the hell of it yes once more.
#72TheGamingGolferPosted 12/5/2012 3:16:16 PM
Technically, no. My Pokemon games can no longer save. But, if they could, I would probably be able to play them.
---
Reggie for Super Smash Bros. 4!!
#73ACx7Posted 12/5/2012 3:16:51 PM
I still play. But not nearly as much as I used to. It's still my favorite series, and I still get excited for each new game. But B&W 1 and 2 just did not have the same feel to them that all the other games did.
#74NewavePosted 12/5/2012 3:31:17 PM
I played through Blue once when it was new.

I had an evolved fish that became a seamonster called gyarodos or whatever, a fully evolved thing with spoons called alakazam or whatever and mewtwo, and the last time I played I recall them being in their level 60s.
The rest of the pokemon I had I never used and didn't care about once I got my gyarodos or whatever and my alakazam or whatever. My alakazam or whatever was more powerful than mewtwo so I ended up only using my alakazam or whatever and only once in a while I broke out my gyarodos or whatever.

After that I haven't been able to force myself through another pokemon game, once was more enough for me.

I think I own blue, red and crystal at the moment.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#75cant_think2Posted 12/5/2012 4:26:13 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
cant_think2 posted...
I bought pokemon heart gold a while back.

To answer the topic question, I'm still able to play but rarely and not for very long.

I'm only at the 5th gym, I like the games.

Random encounters, I do not like these, I wish they would have (example) a little monster on the map, you chose to run into it, it has a chance of being this pokemon or that one.

You can still keep the random encounter system, you just pick to fight or not.

The grinding isn't bad, I guess that, since I'm older I get board with the game a lot faster.

Speeding it up like on pokemon stadium games helped a lot.

On the subject of pokemon there is a pokemon MMO its just like the games just online.

Its free and fun if you like the games.

use repels in black 2 you use a repel it'll ask you if you want to use another if the first one runs out.

The games were you see an enemy on the field rarely have repellent like items.

They also show you ONE enemy on the screen even if your fighting like 6 at once. besides if you run from a fight in those games you leave your self open for an ambush.

lets not forget that many rpgs like this show you generic models that look nothing like the enemies you face.

and frankly the random battle system is the only way pokemon could feasibly work.

Good point, most rpgs do make you invincible, after you run away tho.

But I see your point.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC 1936-8697-3913
#76RAPTall1Posted 12/5/2012 4:43:29 PM
Yeah. Played since RBY and have owned each gen since. Don't play as much past beating the main story/bonus dungeons as I used to (trying to level up 100 pokes), but the metagame is still fun.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#77Prince ShondronaiPosted 12/5/2012 4:56:26 PM
Pokemon's still fun. I skip every other generation though, so I haven't played Black & White 1 & 2.

I don't bother trying to catch 'em all, either. I just pick a team that's aesthetically pleasing to me and beat the game with them, collecting a few others here and there if mine can't learn abilities needed to progress.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#78FefnirOmega13Posted 12/5/2012 4:58:18 PM
Easily.

Been playing since R/B launched, for reference
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#79yabPosted 12/5/2012 5:12:32 PM
I stopped playing after Gold/Silver but I don't hate random battles or anything, just got tired of Pokemon
---
#80darkus_fPosted 12/5/2012 5:29:47 PM
Yes. Gotta love BW2
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549
White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356