Why doesn't Square just port FF Type-0 to 3DS?

#21DampeThePoeHuntPosted 12/5/2012 3:47:23 PM
I wish they'd just have any Final Fantasy port or exclusive for the system.
---
DampeThePoeHunter-- Message me if you added my 3DS friendcode. I'll add you back as soon as possible.
#22ChibiGoku 302Posted 12/5/2012 4:43:21 PM
I'll be honest, while I know this would increase development time, I really wish there wouldn't be a thing such as exclusivity, if anything, it just divides the fanbase more so than it would otherwise. In a perfect world, I'd like the game to be ported to multiple devices capable of running the game without much tampering, which I believe Type-0 wouldn't require much.

Just, honestly, even if they did port it over at this point, there is still no guarantee we'd get it. As of recent, I've yet to hear anything in regards to Bravely Defaults localization, and for that reason alone, has me concerned. Not only that, with the 3DS being region locked...

Sigh....
---
Sonikku X!!
#23UnbralPosted 12/5/2012 4:44:31 PM
The 3DS was made for remakes and ports, and SE is the best when it comes to milking money from smart fans.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#24ZendaikPosted 12/5/2012 5:17:08 PM
ChibiGoku 302 posted...
I'll be honest, while I know this would increase development time, I really wish there wouldn't be a thing such as exclusivity, if anything, it just divides the fanbase more so than it would otherwise. In a perfect world, I'd like the game to be ported to multiple devices capable of running the game without much tampering, which I believe Type-0 wouldn't require much.

Just, honestly, even if they did port it over at this point, there is still no guarantee we'd get it. As of recent, I've yet to hear anything in regards to Bravely Defaults localization, and for that reason alone, has me concerned. Not only that, with the 3DS being region locked...

Sigh....

The producer already said he was thinking of a way to try to localize the game while preserving the interesting parts. So I'm pretty sure a localization is a lock as long as he figures that out. We'll also have to see what comes out of that recent All the Bravest trademark...

Also I'm pretty sure if they port Type-0, it's going to be with a localization in mind. There'd be no port in porting it otherwise as the game did very well in Japan already.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos