Who says the 3DS doesn't have any open world games?

#1VerySolidusSnakPosted 12/5/2012 7:20:12 PM
There are tons of open world 3DS games. Such as:
Zelda OoT
Tales of the Abyss
Kid Icarus( Non-flying sessions)
MGS3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Mario Kart(Maka Wuhu anyone?)
KH3D
Splinter Cell 3D
Etc.
You guys obviously do not know what open world games are. Heck, even pokemon is open world. How can you tell me that 3DS doesn't have enough power to support open world games when the gameboy supported Red and Blue? People these days need education.
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (a person unacquainted with affairs of the world)
#2Willie_MakeitPosted 12/5/2012 7:22:31 PM
Nothing really original though. It's all ports and spinoffs.
---
Sig is currently under construction. Deal with it.
#3Warp_ZonePosted 12/5/2012 7:26:26 PM
I wouldn't really count the ground sections of KI:U as open-world. They're very linear.
---
All internet behavior: http://m.xkcd.com/386/
#4KittyPuppyPosted 12/5/2012 7:26:37 PM
I like most of those games just fine but if thats what you think people are asking for in an open world then you need to try some recent games friendo.
#5laxnd23Posted 12/5/2012 7:28:00 PM
Willie_Makeit posted...

Doesn't prevent them from being good.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#6laxnd23Posted 12/5/2012 7:32:06 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
There are tons of open world 3DS games. Such as:
Zelda OoT
Tales of the Abyss
Kid Icarus( Non-flying sessions)
MGS3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Mario Kart(Maka Wuhu anyone?)
KH3D
Splinter Cell 3D
Etc.
You guys obviously do not know what open world games are. Heck, even pokemon is open world. How can you tell me that 3DS doesn't have enough power to support open world games when the gameboy supported Red and Blue? People these days need education.

Clearly you don't know what open world games are. Open world games are games that are not linear, allowing you to choose what you do, whether it is a side quest or a main mission. Most of the games you listed are linear as all get out.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#7MetalLokiPosted 12/5/2012 7:33:09 PM
Willie_Makeit posted...

KI:U and KH:DDD are not spinoffs or ports.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#8MetalLokiPosted 12/5/2012 7:33:51 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Willie_Makeit posted...

KI:U and KH:DDD are not spinoffs or ports.

Oh and they aren't open world. they just have huge hubs.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#9Argh4430Posted 12/5/2012 10:25:16 PM
I'm still waiting for my Diablo-esque game to come to 3DS, Heroes of Ruin just couldn't fit the bill. I'll even take a Phantasy Star game if it's all we'll get.
#10Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 12/5/2012 10:43:58 PM
Assassins creed, saints row, crack down, and grand theft auto are only a few examples of what most would consider an open world game. Its that type of game structure they are referring to. Ocarina of times world is large, but u dont have 500 side missions to do in addition to the main quest.
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT