Who says the 3DS doesn't have any open world games?

#51klecserPosted 12/6/2012 12:14:00 PM
This is a fascinatingly pointless semantics discussion. Yes, none of the games that the TC mentioned are open world. And many of them are fabulous games. That's all that matters.
#52NettoSaitoPosted 12/6/2012 1:04:28 PM
While them games are open, most people want games like...

Fallout 3
Borderlands
Oblivion
Skyrim
Test Drive Unlimited 2

Where the world is 100% open. Huge open areas where you can spend a few hours walking in a single direction without running into any walls.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#53Robot_SoopaPosted 12/8/2012 12:04:06 PM
thedicemaster posted...
even super Mario bros. is a spin-off.

It was. Then it became the main series.

MetalLoki posted...
KHDDD is not a spinoff >_> I thought we got past the point where people said this.

Yes it is.
#54MetalLokiPosted 12/8/2012 12:24:01 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
thedicemaster posted...
even super Mario bros. is a spin-off.

It was. Then it became the main series.

MetalLoki posted...
KHDDD is not a spinoff >_> I thought we got past the point where people said this.

Yes it is.

It's not >_> f*** I know that the troll at the board call it a spinoff for that lulz but this is ridiculous. It goes with the story, follows right after 2, has element from every game as plot points and even starts the final part of Xehanort's plan. I swear people on this site are so stupid.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#55TheGreatUnownPosted 12/8/2012 1:09:12 PM
I find the lack of Scribblenauts Unlimited disturbing.

Also, KH3D and KI:U aren't spin-offs. Their part of their main story lines.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
#56MetalLokiPosted 12/8/2012 1:27:39 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...

Whoever said that KI:U is a spinoff is out right stupid. The game talks about almost all the stuff from the 1st game and Pit even remember some of the stuff with maybe only forgetting Thanatos
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#57Robot_SoopaPosted 12/8/2012 2:04:43 PM
MetalLoki posted...
It's not >_> f*** I know that the troll at the board call it a spinoff for that lulz but this is ridiculous. It goes with the story, follows right after 2, has element from every game as plot points and even starts the final part of Xehanort's plan. I swear people on this site are so stupid.

Every gaming website, magazine and video has referred to DDD as a spin-off. It's seen by the majority as a spin-off. Your fear of the word spin-off doesn't change that. If it's not KH, KHII or KHIII it's a spin-off.

I guarantee you you won't have to have played DDD to have made sense of KHIII.

It's like saying Chain of Memories isn't a spin-off because it starts right after KH, goes with the story, has elements from KH and begins the story of Organization XIII.

That's the entire point of these spin-offs. More Kingdom Hearts for the Kingdom Hearts lovers. People who want more lore or just plain more Kingdom Hearts plays them but we all know the numbered games are the real core stories that matter.
#58trenton97Posted 12/8/2012 2:07:57 PM
MetalLoki posted...
TheGreatUnown posted...

Whoever said that KI:U is a spinoff is out right stupid. The game talks about almost all the stuff from the 1st game and Pit even remember some of the stuff with maybe only forgetting Thanatos

Exactly. KH isn't one either. In fact, watch this.

Whoever said that KI:U(replace with Kingdom Hearts) is a spinoff is out right stupid. The game talks about almost all the stuff from the 1st(1st, 2nd, BBS, CoM, literally just pick a game and there's continuity) game and Pit(Sora, Riku, Xehanort, PICK ANY CHARACTER) even remember some of the stuff with maybe only forgetting Thanatos(Xion).

Not saying you think it is, im speaking to everybody.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#59Robot_SoopaPosted 12/8/2012 2:18:19 PM
Kid Icarus isn't a spin-off simply because it was branded as a reinvention of the series.

Has nothing to do with how much the first game is referenced.

DDD is not. It's another expansion of the story before the next core game.
#60trenton97Posted 12/8/2012 2:22:10 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
MetalLoki posted...

Every gaming website, magazine and video has referred to DDD as a spin-off. It's seen by the majority as a spin-off. Your fear of the word spin-off doesn't change that. If it's not KH, KHII or KHIII it's a spin-off.

I guarantee you you won't have to have played DDD to have made sense of KHIII.
I'm going to hold you to that.

It's like saying Chain of Memories isn't a spin-off because it starts right after KH, goes with the story, has elements from KH and begins the story of Organization XIII.

It's not one... for exactly those reasons.

That's the entire point of these spin-offs. More Kingdom Hearts for the Kingdom Hearts lovers. People who want more lore or just plain more Kingdom Hearts plays them but we all know the numbered games are the real core stories that matter.

I'm going to keep it simple and just go with one argument at a time.

Spoilers for KH3D and 3.
Do you know what KH3 is going to be about? I do. It's going to be about Xehanort(Whose return was forewarned in Re:Coded) gathering his 13 darknesses and 7 lights(DDD) to forge the X-Blade(BBS). I'm sure there will be twists and turns along the way(lol Nomura) but that pretty much it. Know how I know that? I played BBS and DDD. And that's not even scratching the surface of how much you won't understand if you forego the *ahem* spinoffs.

*is casual, inspects fingernails*
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.