Resident Evil: Mercs 3D to be re-released in Japan

#11Chaos_MissilePosted 12/6/2012 12:09:15 AM
JC_Jenson posted...
I never understood all of the outrage about the save file for this game. If its my game, and I'm the only one who plays it, why should it matter if I can erase the save or not?

Let's say one day, you decided you want to replay the game from scratch. Or you want to challenge yourself on a higher difficulty. Or you want to borrow your sibling, who's staying in the same house as you, the game.

This mechanic, the ability to delete your save, iirc, has been core ever since the save feature was first introduced!

How many games can you name that allows you to save your progress, yet not allow you to delete the save.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#12rizsparkyPosted 12/6/2012 2:30:26 AM
Hopefully the least capcom can do is release a patch for existing owners so that they can delete saves too
#13n00bsaib0tPosted 12/6/2012 2:56:49 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Save file commands as DLC? GG Capcom. You get more devious every day.

"Capcom needs to fix the save system in Mercs 3D, you should be able to erase the data"

then when they do...

"Capcom is evil, they've fixed something and are selling the game again!"

Capcom would probably have a better reputation if they ignored the fans. I'm just waiting for the day when we finally get MML3 and this board flips out and turns Capcom listening again into Capcom milking fans with a quick cash grab.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#14bcorneliaPosted 12/6/2012 3:19:11 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Let's say one day, you decided you want to replay the game from scratch. Or you want to challenge yourself on a higher difficulty.

So you know nothing about the game. Typical.

The whole save thing is a total non-issue. Something that's actually worth complaining about is its lack of gyro controls.
---
My old account got better.
#15JC_JensonPosted 12/6/2012 3:59:55 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
JC_Jenson posted...
I never understood all of the outrage about the save file for this game. If its my game, and I'm the only one who plays it, why should it matter if I can erase the save or not?

Let's say one day, you decided you want to replay the game from scratch. Or you want to challenge yourself on a higher difficulty. Or you want to borrow your sibling, who's staying in the same house as you, the game.

This mechanic, the ability to delete your save, iirc, has been core ever since the save feature was first introduced!

How many games can you name that allows you to save your progress, yet not allow you to delete the save.

I wouldn't do any of these things. It's a "high score" game and I'm the only who plays it. I could understand your point for a full-fledged RE title, but not Mercs.
#16Dark MousyPosted 12/6/2012 6:22:16 AM
Any extra content, along with the ability to transfer my save data, and I would do it.

Speaking of that, I remember reading in the original Japan annincement you could transfer data from your cards. Did they implement that for the north american ones?
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#17Chaos_MissilePosted 12/6/2012 7:22:29 AM
bcornelia posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Let's say one day, you decided you want to replay the game from scratch. Or you want to challenge yourself on a higher difficulty.

So you know nothing about the game. Typical.

The whole save thing is a total non-issue. Something that's actually worth complaining about is its lack of gyro controls.

I'm wasnt specifically talking about the game, I'm talking about games in general.

Can you imagine if this becomes normal practice? Unheard of, you say? So was the price increase for console games(I heard) from 49.99 last time to 59.99(or was it 69.99?) now
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#18IrateGameFAQerPosted 12/6/2012 7:28:59 AM
JC_Jenson posted...

What about those who wanted to sell the game? They can't. Who the hell would buy a game already completed for them?

And don't bother replying if all you're going to say is "I had no intention of selling the game blah blah blah"

It was an issue for many reasons, even if it's just a high score game. Luckily the backlash was enough so Capcom realized it was a dumb move.

It could have very well become a standard had it taken off. Look at all the crap that's become standard now, we would have laughed/said it was bullspit back then.
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#19_XCrazy_DaisyX_Posted 12/6/2012 9:00:04 AM
oh Come on!
I just got Mercenaries. >_<
---
( \_/) :: (Tales) KRATOS & LLOYD For SSB4! ::
(x_O) //Please support //
#20360pagesPosted 12/6/2012 9:10:40 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Save file commands as DLC? GG Capcom. You get more devious every day.

"Capcom needs to fix the save system in Mercs 3D, you should be able to erase the data"

then when they do...

"Capcom is evil, they've fixed something and are selling the game again!"

Capcom would probably have a better reputation if they ignored the fans. I'm just waiting for the day when we finally get MML3 and this board flips out and turns Capcom listening again into Capcom milking fans with a quick cash grab.

You can fix a save system as much as you want, but releasing the game again is not how you do it. Not that I think that they are only re releasing it because of that, but they really shouldn't be praised for it.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466