and for people who think IOS is shovelware....

#11Starwars4JPosted 12/5/2012 10:14:33 PM
I...did TC just say K+M controls worse than touchscreen only iOS games?

Oh my.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#12r_m_8_8Posted 12/5/2012 10:17:51 PM
Starwars4J posted...
I...did TC just say K+M controls worse than touchscreen only iOS games?

Oh my.

For real, he can't be serious. Plus you can use a controller, and it's not awkward like using a controller with a phone.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Code of Princess, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#13n00bsaib0tPosted 12/5/2012 10:24:44 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Unless you have the common sense to sync a bluetooth controller with your iPod or Android device and emulate the touch screen input with it. Then you can argue its superiority considering you can get both Sonic 4 episodes for less than the cost of one of them one a console or PC and use a controller.

Which then defeats the purpose of the device. You can get a much better experience on anything else with less hassle with the same controller.

The purpose of the device varies from device to device. The iPhone and Android phones purpose is to be a phone. Its just gravy that they play games. The iPod and Android media devices are mp3 players. Its just gravy that they play games. Tablets are designed to be laptop replacements. You wouldn't say that connecting a controller to a laptop defeats its purpose, so why say it about a tablet? I can just as easily say that games on a PC defeat the purpose of a PC. Just because some people buy a PC to play games doesn't mean thats why PCs were made.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#14badboyPosted 12/5/2012 10:44:33 PM
I like Chaos Rings and FF Dimensions.
#15wisemiddsPosted 12/5/2012 11:45:57 PM
There's plenty of great games on iOS- more in fact the on 3DS, many are priced amazingly aswell- Broken Sword 1&2, Beneath a Steel Sky, Swordigo, Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Soosiz, Scribblenaughts, PvsZ, World Of Goo- tons of RPG's if that's your thing, I couldn't go on for hours. Nintendo could learn so much in terms of online distribution, iTunes Store etc but they are too stubborn and out of touch to change.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#16VyersPosted 12/6/2012 12:01:18 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
It is mostly shovelware and ripoffs of actual games. And as long as the controls are based fully off the touchscreen, the games on ios will always be inferior to their console/handheld brothers.

Like there being many games on DS that really shouldn't use the touchscreen, sometimes buttons can hold a game back.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#17ferofaxPosted 12/6/2012 12:34:18 AM
Vyers posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
It is mostly shovelware and ripoffs of actual games. And as long as the controls are based fully off the touchscreen, the games on ios will always be inferior to their console/handheld brothers.

Like there being many games on DS that really shouldn't use the touchscreen, sometimes buttons can hold a game back.

Best example context-wise would be RTS games on the old Playstation. Using the analog to play fast-paced point-&-clicks, not a very good idea. Once I plugged in the PSX mouse though, tons better.

Games where touch/multitouch/gesture controls would be better usually involve fast gameplay and multitasking.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#18deimos91Posted 12/6/2012 2:19:38 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I really dont see its issue...people accept pc...thats friggin keyboards (which is more annoying >.>) but not IOS

you arent a gamer
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#19Argh4430Posted 12/6/2012 2:58:32 PM
deimos91 posted...
you arent a gamer

Who wants to be? Certainly not Nintendo!
#20n00bsaib0tPosted 12/6/2012 6:05:11 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I really dont see its issue...people accept pc...thats friggin keyboards (which is more annoying >.>) but not IOS

you arent a gamer

Mega Man X is easier to play on a touch screen than a keyboard, how does knowing this make someone not a gamer?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile