and for people who think IOS is shovelware....

#21Number43Posted 12/6/2012 7:51:57 PM
Some kinds of games work well on a touchscreen. Precision platformers aren't one of them.
#22necrofear45Posted 12/6/2012 11:02:32 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
It is mostly shovelware and ripoffs of actual games. And as long as the controls are based fully off the touchscreen, the games on ios will always be inferior to their console/handheld brothers.

This, if Apple were to suddenly and miraculously add buttons to the next iPhone, Nintendo honestly might be in trouble handheld wise.
---
http://a.yfrog.com/img831/3403/bg546dh56.jpg
#23Big_JilmPosted 12/7/2012 5:21:41 AM
necrofear45 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
It is mostly shovelware and ripoffs of actual games. And as long as the controls are based fully off the touchscreen, the games on ios will always be inferior to their console/handheld brothers.

This, if Apple were to suddenly and miraculously add buttons to the next iPhone, Nintendo honestly might be in trouble handheld wise.

Nintendo will never be introuble handheld wise. As long as they continue to develop first party exclusive games... They will always sell..

DS and 3ds proved one thing.. It really is about the content.. You cant get nintendo games anywhere else.. so if you want to play them... you need their hadware.

They may lose some market share to these devices.. but be in trouble? Not likely
---
||||||||||Can't Beat The Bird.||||||||||
3DS FC: 4038 5995 9081 <-- Beej
#24CapnStankyPosted 12/7/2012 6:07:54 AM
My iPad Mini has dozens of more quality titles than my 3DS, all at a fraction of the price.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#25strongo9Posted 12/7/2012 6:44:37 AM
Even when good games are put on iOS (they're mostly ports), the terrible controls ruin them.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#26PyjamaHeroPosted 12/7/2012 6:48:54 AM
While iOS is full of shovelware the controls don't have to ruin the gems that are on there.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e762/?srp=1

Expensive but enjoyable for home

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ecea/?srp=2

Cheaper and very portable.

Both of these items work great and are supported by loads of titles on the App Store.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
#27nonexistingheroPosted 12/7/2012 6:51:16 AM(edited)
strongo9 posted...
Even when good games are put on iOS (they're mostly ports), the terrible controls ruin them.

Pretty much this. Even a game like Chrono Trigger is just unpleasant to play on it. The controls don't have to be terrible, I think they actually put some effort into making them as terrible as they can. And the battery is drained in no time.

And really, 99% of the IOS games are garbage. Games that are more than 20 years old are better designed in every way. It's just pathetic how there's a million clones of Super Mario Bros. and how each and every single one of them has garbage controls, music and physics.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#28JobocanPosted 12/7/2012 6:54:07 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
I really dont see its issue...people accept pc...thats friggin keyboards (which is more annoying >.>) but not IOS

you arent a gamer

Mega Man X is easier to play on a touch screen than a keyboard, how does knowing this make someone not a gamer?

The iOS version of MMX is quite horrible actually. Digital d-pads are the worst thing ever, I'd rather be able to feel the button and be able to change directions whenever I want rather than just hoping the touch screen interprets my movements properly.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#29n00bifierPosted 12/7/2012 7:00:24 AM(edited)
Darkstorm16 posted...
I really dont see its issue...people accept pc...thats friggin keyboards (which is more annoying >.>) but not IOS

you arent a gamer

Mega Man X is easier to play on a touch screen than a keyboard, how does knowing this make someone not a gamer?

what
also sigged
---
I can 100% garrentie you that if you take a pro console player and a pro PC player, the console player will win - Fritz0x8
#30pikachupwnagePosted 12/7/2012 6:59:57 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...

---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF