I can't wait for DQVII, but I kind of wish it still used sprites.

#1656stoogePosted 12/6/2012 12:41:53 AM
Seeing as this is the only way for us PAL gamers to legally experience the game without importing a US PS, I couldn't be more excited for the release. But I have to say that I prefer the old PS1 graphics to these news one.
I'm a sucker fr the simplistic beauty of the old sprite, and I'm very nostalgic for the old 3d graphics the PS1 used to chuck out.

But with me only minutes away from finishing DQ6 for the first time I can't believe my luck that I'll finally be able to play the JRPG that I've always wanted.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#2moogle69Posted 12/6/2012 2:11:17 AM
great to see that im not the only one out there who actually prefers those old types of models.

IMO dragon quest Vii for 3DS pretty much uses those old types of models, and i like it, but i know what you mean by those sprites.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#3UnbralPosted 12/6/2012 2:15:50 AM
I kinda like the 3D models, mainly because the game is so long, and with sprites, there can't be too much action... if it were voice-acted, I wouldn't mind playing as sprites again, though.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#4PlaysaverPosted 12/6/2012 11:34:20 AM
I had to break out my copy off DWVII and look up the new pictures for the 3ds version to see what you meant. The character graphics do seem to be sprites in the ps1 game.